Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Node...please explain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Silver Member

Re: Node...please explain

Get the "Dope the Wind " vidio. It has a wealth of info for the beginning long range shooter!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paphil View Post
Get the "Dope the Wind " vidio. It has a wealth of info for the beginning long range shooter!
If you are referring to the new How To Dope The Wind Beyond Belief video from The Best Of The West crew I have it. If there are others out their I would love to check 'em out. Thanks for the tip!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortpants View Post
If you are referring to the new How To Dope The Wind Beyond Belief video from The Best Of The West crew I have it. If there are others out their I would love to check 'em out. Thanks for the tip!
Shawn Carlock has some good videos, I think they are available at the "gear shop" on this site or from Defensive Edge.

As a self taught LR shooter (with a lot still to learn) the most valuable resources for me have been this site, a book on handloading by Glen Zediker, and Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting by Bryan Litz. I have a pile of other books that are good, but these are the ones that stand out. Get the book on handloading by Zediker, if you are ever going to be a consistent LR shooter you are going to have to learn to do "precision" handloading (unless you shoot for the military competition teams and have access to unlimited quantities of match grade ammo).
Old 04-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM416 View Post
Shawn Carlock has some good videos, I think they are available at the "gear shop" on this site or from Defensive Edge.

As a self taught LR shooter (with a lot still to learn) the most valuable resources for me have been this site, a book on handloading by Glen Zediker, and Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting by Bryan Litz. I have a pile of other books that are good, but these are the ones that stand out. Get the book on handloading by Zediker, if you are ever going to be a consistent LR shooter you are going to have to learn to do "precision" handloading (unless you shoot for the military competition teams and have access to unlimited quantities of match grade ammo).
Thanks, I've been eyeing those videos and books. A friend of mine also suggested I read Zediker's book. I've learned a great deal from this site already and just can't get enough!