Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

No Nonsense Navy Seal Addresses NRA Convention

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member

No Nonsense Navy Seal Addresses NRA Convention

Check Out Marcuss Latrell The only survivor from Seal Team 10 in Afghanistan in 2005 address the NRA convention

Eyeblast.tv - No Nonsense From This Navy Seal
Old 05-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member

I'm fortunate enough to have been able to know a bunch of these guys and train with them a bit in some shooting drills and for the most part they all have the same attitude , very confident and proud , not realy cocky but you know the ability is their but at the same time they are very humble and don't like to be called heros or anything like that.
The Navy SWCC "swik" has a special boat unit hear in my mome town area , along with weight training with these boys we get togther and party some as well as shoot ALOT and as the SEAL teams rotate through and train with them I get to meet and become friends with them also.

Unfortunatly I just sent several boat loads (no pun intended) back to Iraq. Several of them had submitted their form 1's with the ATF so hwen they get back I'm sure I'll be busy building their personal suppressors.

Mr. Latrell is in my oppinion a true hero and has gone above and beond the call of duty to ensure all of our freedom
Old 05-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member

He is a STUD for sure and certain, hell they all are..
Old 05-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member

I enjoyed that. Thanks for the link.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Silver Member

"swik"

Hey James,

My nephew is in the Navy special boat unit maybe youve trained,shot and drank with him before.
Now wouldnt that be something

Havent talked or heard from him in awhile hope he's doing ok.

Take it easy and Good Shooting!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member

Maybe , I know that their are several differant units , the one down here is SBU 22 "River Rats" stationed at Stennis Space Center , they just reciently got re-deployed to Iraq.

I remember the first time I met some real life SEAL's , I was like "thats it" , I was expecting some big swole up guys like 6'4" 275lbs and these boys were all maybe 6 foot tall and 200lbs at the most but for the love of god were they in shape , 3 of them beat the hell out of myself and 3 buddies that had a little summer time beach volly ball team.
All the training I have gotten to do with them has been vehical assults and deployments and CQB , we let them train with us as cops and they let us train with them as military , kinda cross training I guess.

I have a younger cousan thats in Iraq right now as a Marine sniper and his ambition is to get into the SEAL's , I'm certain he has the brains, mantality and skill to do it but their is alot more to those boys that meets the eye its somthing that they do because they truely love it and live for it.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:17 AM
Gold Member

James, you certainly are a lucky guy. Getting to train with seals and be a "backup shooter" for the Secret Service.