Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

no gun powder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Bronze Member

Re: no gun powder

I didn't change calibers. I changed powders. Study your reloading data. Then search all the usual suspects everyday for a powder that will work. Worked for me. I just scored 16lbs of 4064 from Graf and Sons.

People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:39 AM

In August I was out of H-1000 for my .300 RUM and none was to be found here in the Phoenix area, and none to be found on-line. I was planning to drive to South Carolina to see my son who is stationed there in the Navy. I downloaded a list of Hogdon powder suppliers and a map of the route I was going to take, then just started making calls. I was able to find 1 pound in Texas for an un-Godly price, and two pounds in Kentucky for what I had been paying for it before the shortage. I know, an 1800 mile drive for two pounds of powder, but I was making the trip anyway. I still can't find 8 pound kegs. Good luck.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Silver Member

I've been trying new powders to work through this hoarding shortage. It would be nice to be able to find what I need but I'm adaptable.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Silver Member

finally a small order of gun powder came into Saskatoon I pickup 2lbs of Win 748 at Cabelas and heard that Northpro sports had some Imr 4350 on the way there I stopped a Wholesale sports they had only got 1 container of Imr 4350 he brought out a 8lb keg Sometimes being lucky is better than being good.