Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

New Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Bronze Member

New Software

Len ... Speedbump forwarded your message. Thanks for offering a personal touch in the transition. I am getting around pretty good on the new site and things seem to be arranged well. Everyone should get used to the messages lost in the transition without problems. Maybe just my imagination, but things seem to react quicker than the old board when you select a topic. The other thing I have noticed so far is that I have to sign on to let the cookie on my machine show me new topics since my last visit. Not a big thing, but thought I would mention it.

Thanks for everything ... Mike
Old 12-08-2004, 08:32 PM
PUBLISHER

Re: New Software

Thanks, Mike

The following is from the FAQ up above:

Do I have to accept cookies? Yes. Cookies are used to track your Username/Password and which posts you have read for your current session. Without accepting cookies some functions won't work properly.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 12-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Len. My "send private message" option is not active when I click on a members name and view their profile. Is it supposed to be inactive?

Will we see a little flashing envelope icon at the top of all pages when we have a private message waiting to be read?

Is there a possibility of selecting our own title that appears below our screen name and above our avatar? Will we get to select an avatar? It's a fun way to add more personality to the forum.

Also, I had a problem trying to make a new post. I typed a title then I composed the post and selected to preview it. I made a change then tried to post it. I got a screen that said "All required fields not completed" click the back button to return to the previous page". Long story short, I had to copy what I wrote, go all the way back to the log in screen and try again. I pasted my post as it was and sent it through without previewing it and that time it went through.

I'm not complaining. I'm just trying to help while the bugs get worked out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Gold Member

No problems here, Len. Just wanted to say thanks for the new website,(and the old one) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Looks great!!!!!..sakofan..
Old 12-09-2004, 05:26 PM
PUBLISHER

4ked Horn

At this time I don't wish to enable the email based features like Private Messaging. I want to keep the potential for technical problems down to a minimum. Most members have an email address visible (but not you! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) if you click on their display name as part of their Profile. I'll look into the avatar question.

PS...I was able to Preview my post just now.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 12-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
At this time I don't wish to enable the email based features like Private Messaging.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the only part of private massages (PM) that involves email is an automatic email to the recipient that there is stuff in their "In box". The rest of this feature is all contained on this site. But I am largely computer ignorant so I may very well be wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to keep the potential for technical problems down to a minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose you have your hands full at this moment working out the bugs with what we have so far. I don't want to add to the initial startup headaches. Having a PM option would be handy but it's nothing we can't live without ( at least for a while [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

[ QUOTE ]
Most members have an email address visible (but not you! )

[/ QUOTE ]

A.O.R.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll look into the avatar question.

PS...I was able to Preview my post just now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I'll try again. It may have just been me being a comp clutz [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. I was just so excited about the new look I could hardly contain myself.