Happy New Year - first new hunt offering for 2013.
We have 6 new spots available for this 2013 high country hunt in the outfitters new 2nd camp.
LRH Group Hunt - MCO Camp #2, 2013 WY Mule Deer Hunt
I hunted deer with Mule Creek Outfitters (MCO)
in this same area in 2011. Read about that hunt HERE.
Then last year we organized a return trip for me and 5 other LRH hunters to the same camp for this fall of 2013. I am really pumped to get back there. I am starting my annual "post-holiday-drop-some-pounds-quickly" diet tomorrow.
MCO recently bought out his neighbor's adjoining US Forest Service lease. So this hunt camp (we'll call it MCO Camp #2) will be located just a few miles north of the first camp. The terrain there is a little more rugged in topography. The land is similar in game quantity and quality.
Quote from the outfitter:
"Last year in 2012 out of this camp we averaged around 25 inches in width for the six hunters we took. The biggest deer was 180 class, 3 -170's 1 - 150, and 1 deer was a last day deer that wasn't very big. This area has really good genetics, 300 lb. deer. Big bodies big horns. Lots of big deer were seen!"
LRH Group Hunt - MCO Camp #2, 2013 WY Mule Deer Hunt:
- Hunt cost is $3,750 + $262.50 WY sales tax
- License cost is $312 (Regular Draw 2013), or $552 (Special Draw 2013)
- Sept 15 - 19, 2013 (a 5 day hunt)
- Draw deadline is March 15, 2013.
- Mule Creek Outfitters
- Total of 6 hunters this time in MCO Camp #2
- Mule Deer
- Tent camp
- High country wilderness (8,000 to 10,000 feet)
- Long Range friendly outfitter
- Two-on-one guiding (perfect for shooter/spotter teams)
- Deposit of $500 is only requirement until successful draw in 2013
- One deer Preference point needed in Regular Draw. No points needed for the more expensive Special Draw.
- You snooze, you lose!
To reserve you must first email me ( Len@LongRangeHunting.com
)with the following as subject line: "COMMITMENT -- LRH Group Hunt - MCO Camp #2, 2013 WY Mule Deer Hunt
". In the body of your email, give me your name, address, phone numbers, and your LRH forum user name. I will reply with the mailing address and check payee name for your $500 deposit check (personal is ok). No cards accepted. You must download, fill out and mail this hunt contract form (HERE)
with your check.
When your check arrives your status goes to PAID. I must receive your deposit check within 3 business days. Last year I tried to do the commitments a little differently but it was a bit difficult to know how many spots were really left at a given moment as a couple guys did not follow through. So I need to be pretty rigid about these new "commitment" rules.