Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

New Member to the Family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Silver Member

New Member to the Family

I picked up my new 338 Lapua from the gun shop that other day that Todd Bettin built for me. So, this weekend I decided to pull out the long range guns out to take some pictures.

The new rifle is the tan one.
Stiller Tac338 Action
26" 5R Mike Rock Barrel ABS wrapped
DE Brake
Jewel Trigger
Badger Bottom Metal and Mag
Badger Rings (Which are going to be replaced, Not impressed)
USO 3-17 T-pal Scope with PCMOA reticle
Lone Wolf Stock
ACI Indicator
USO Anti-cant device

She fits in well with the 308, 300WM and the 50BMG.

SES50
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown

Last edited by SES50; 07-07-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Silver Member

I have spent an hour trying to get that F*&(en picture to post. You guys will have to click on the link.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Old 07-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member

On Photobucket use the "Direct Link", right click, copy and then here just use the picture icon, in the box that opens right click, paste and then preview and submit.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Silver Member

Nice Gun! You'll have to let us know how it shoots!

Curious, What does it weigh with the ABS and lonewolf?
Old 07-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Gold Member

You are going to like that "Howler" stock. They are really comfortable.

Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 07-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Silver Member

Thanks ss7mm for your help on posting pictures.

From talking to Todd Bettin the Howler weights about 1.5lbs and the ABS barrel weighs around 3lbs in a 26" length. The rifle with that lead weight of a scope on it weighs around 12lbs unloaded. But that scope is really clear.

I like the feel of that Howler so far. I had Bob at Lone Wolf get rid of the cheek rest so I could put on the pad that I have on thier. The stock is a little short on me so this weekend I am going to add a new limbsaver pad and spacer to get it to fit better. Todd Bettin is a great guy and was really great to work with. He did a great job on the rifle.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

Very nice rifles for sure..

I have one rifle w/a thumbhole stock -still undecided on whether i'm a thumbhole fan ,the squarish bottom of the stock runs over the back of my left hand [while squeezing the rear bag] = hurts a bit .
But off shooting sticks while predator calling it's great...

Nice optics too.....