Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

New Map feature!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Bronze Member
OK, OK, I put mine where I'd like to be, not where I live. Do I have to point to my house?

Unread 08-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Bronze Member
My pin is exactly where my home is. Well this is my summer/fall home. Sitting way up in a canyon, up on a (some parts nearly 45 degree) hillside near Goebel canyon. The reselution is not clear enough in this rural area to actually see my trailer. I can go weeks without seeing anyone up here!

Funny, I see that someone lives at an airport! I think that was a movie with Tom Hanks in it....
Unread 08-10-2007, 05:41 AM
Platinum Member
If any one has problems placing the pins, this copy of another post might help.

If any one has problems placing the pins, this copy of another post might help.

Originally Posted by davewilson
how do you get the pin to stay on there? i've put it on twice and it disappears.

The first thing you need to do is get the coordinates for you place or something close by; that'd be Latitude and Longitude.
Second you click on Googlemap ME up on top of page and you'll see this

Please notice that on top of this poto there is something that looks like this: [Your entry], when you click on that you get this:

We're close! You need to fill in where it says "Maker Title", the "Marker Test" and the yellow test boxes for latitude and longitue. You can fill in for URL of the image for the marker if you want or leave it blank for now.
At the verry buttom, you need to scroll down, there is a button that says update your information. Click on it.
Your done and Finished.
If you nee help to get those coordinates, send an address of your place or any other place close by and I will get those humbers for you.
Good luck!

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Silver Member
Originally Posted by 52449 View Post
OK, OK, I put mine where I'd like to be, not where I live. Do I have to point to my house?
I have no problems with not putting it on your house, I respect peoples right to privacy.

BUT...if you don't put it on your house, at least put a note saying WHY you put it where you did!!

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson