Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

NEW JERSEY SUCKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Bronze Member

Re: NEW JERSEY SUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223Rem View Post
Sure, open season for a an animal thats population does not currently pose any problems. Might as well have open season for deer in NJ since there are more of those than coyote.
The NJ coyote population DOES pose a problem. Just ask any farmer with chickens. I can let you listen to 'em on any given night where I live.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223Rem View Post
Sure, open season for a an animal thats population does not currently pose any problems. Might as well have open season for deer in NJ since there are more of those than coyote.
223Rem, Since you can "bag" 20 deer a year (better buy more frezzer space) why are you worried about a coyote? In case you didn't know what a coyote's diet consists of, let me educate you. Whitetail deer, Mule deer, Blacktail deer, Columbia Whitetail deer, all of the above fawns, Elk calves, Antelope fawns, ( to the point out west they do airial gunning to reduce coyote numbers to improve Antelope fawn numbers), Turkeys, Pheasants, Geese, Ducks, Quail, Grouse, eggs from nests of these birds, domestic dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, chickens, domestic sheep, lambs and calves. Anything they can catch, kill and eat.
Out west we have 'open season' on coyotes year around. Guess what! Coyotes are smart, they adapt, we still have more coyotes than we know what to do with.
I would guess you don't belong to the NRA. With your quote, "The Federal ban was the best thing for NJ...", (very scary from a 'hunter') leads me to believe that maybe NJ does suck.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Gold Member

Even an open season on coyotes does not reduce their population drastically, so WHY can't WE have one? PA does and they're only 10 min. away. I was thinking of getting my PA license because it will be cheaper to hunt out state.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2 slam View Post
223Rem, At least my statement contributed to this thread
Yet another individual who has a beef with NJ however does not live here and is subjected to the laws. Ever step foot in the state? Yeah that's a real contribution.