Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

New Guy, looking for a gunsmith in Bay area of California

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 03:43 PM

New Guy, looking for a gunsmith in Bay area of California

Heys folks, I'm probably using the wrong page, but I am and avid deer hunter . I hunt in California, (blacktails), and albeit I am 65, everyday I p/u my rifle I am just as excited as I was at 12yrs. old.
I have been fortunate and killed, (I hate the word harvested), many deer.

Enough, I live in the Bay area of California and I am looking for a good gunsmith. Few and far between, can anyone help? I don't need anything super technical done, ie; a stock shortened and a trigger worked over.
Thanks and go hunting.

Last edited by ss7mm; 12-25-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: New Guy, but OLD

Welcome. If no one responds just post your question one more time under a different title. Lots of people just read the title and don't bother to read much more.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member

Re: New Guy, looking for a gunsmith in Bay area of California

Thanks for the suggestion BB. I changed the title for him.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Silver Member

I've never had any work done by this guy, but I have talked to him and he seems to know his stuff. If I remember correctly he is ex LE.

Contacting Nor-Cal Precision, Jerry Rice, and our Webteam

Good luck.

Southpaw

P.S. If you find someone you're pleased with please post back. I'm up in Sacramento.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:54 AM
Silver Member

Good luck with your search for a decent gunsmith in the bay area. There are a few but I have never been happy with the work that they do. Scopes that fall off and other such nonesense.

I have a buddy that does stock work and trigger jobs for friends. He is super picky so it will come back perfect. We have done several bedding jobs together and they have all come out real well. He doesn't do machine work for other people.
Send me a pm and i will forward his information to you if you are interested. He does a lot of mauser work. He lives in the north bay.