Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

New addition to the family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member

New addition to the family

My wife and I just had our first child last Wednesday. Joshua Edward was 6 lb 1 oz, a perfect little angel. Had to cancel my latest LRH project in order to buy diapers and such but I wouldn't trade him for the world. (I am not hurting for suitable LRH rifles anyway, I'll be okay.)

I am left handed and my wife is right handed. Wouldn't it be tragic if he turns out right handed and I have to buy a bunch of right handed gear for him? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

NRA Life Member
Old 05-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member

Re: New addition to the family

congradulations , its a great feeling isin't it.

I could have alot of nice toys for the $600 a month I'm paying for daycare but I woulden't trade my curtain climber for anything either.

I was amazed about how having a child has changed my attitude and outlooks so much.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
I could have alot of nice toys for the $600 a month I'm paying for daycare but I woulden't trade my curtain climber for anything either.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly right.

Many weekends spent at soccer games, music lessons, baseball games, boyscout meetings and trips, and a lot less hunting and I do not regret one minute of the time I spent with them.
The credit card bill just came today for the hog and auodad hunt trip I took with my son and it took me maybe thirty seconds to consider in my mind the cost versus the memories obtained. It would have taken less time except there were so many good memories to consider.

Enjoy him now because twenty years will pass in a hurry and he wil be on his own.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member

Sambo 30-06 ,

Good for you !!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member

Awsome!!!!

My wife and I, mostly my wife, raised 7 of the little children [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I wouldn't take a $million for any one of them.

However, I wouldn't give 10 cents for another [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just bought a Rossi 22/410 for an 8 yr old grand son. All that practice with the BB gun really paid off.

You have some good times to look forward to. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Gold Member

Congrats Sambo!

Daipers will eat up alot of your $$ over the next few years.

Both of my boys are looking like they're going to be left handed.

I've told them that they'll learn to shoot right handed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Until they're old enough to buy their own guns they're just going to settle with my hand me downs and I'll buy new for myself.

Cheers!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:29 PM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
I was amazed about how having a child has changed my attitude and outlooks so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda makes alot of stuff seem insignificant. I was amazed as well. Congrat to you and your wife. Now you've got a lifelong hunting buddy!!