Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Needed: Suggestions for new LRH article topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Needed: Suggestions for new LRH article topics

how about a review of the huskemaw scope most people have never heard of it
Old 07-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Platinum Member

What happened to Ernie's scope comparison? Equipment reviews/comparisons are great!

How about some articles on the basics? The most commonly asked questions like:

How to get stared reloading. Leave out the advanced business of annealing, tuning the seating depth, etc. Just get the beginners an easy to follow guide on getting the powder charges right to start with. Why are are certain powders, and bullets commonly used for a certain chambering.

What do I need to get started shooting long range? You don't need a custom rifle, you don't need a PDA, you don't need an NXS, etc. Granted the sport is expensive no matter how you enter but you don't have to re-mortgage your house to have fun and get started. Yes the more expensive items make it easier for sure, but are not "must haves".

These are things that would have helped me, and would probably lend well to others starting out.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Silver Member

i seems people have already beat me to it but i would like to see more on geting started such as methods for practing the skills required, the equipment, how to verify your trajectory,methods for working up a load, basicaly the how to shoot long range from the start
Old 07-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Silver Member

I wear green and red socks so I want to Participate along with purple suspenders except when I type naked.

I would like someone like Shawn Carlock to write an Article on practical range cards. What he includes, Different elevations, Temperature, Angle adjustments, and wind compensations.

Does he base these on a Balistic table or actual results, if so Give step by step how to. So we all benefit.

Several good suggestions I see we are on several levels. Read, learn, apply and enjoy.

ODAVID
Old 07-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAVID View Post
I would like someone like Shawn Carlock to write an Article on practical range cards. What he includes, Different elevations, Temperature, Angle adjustments, and wind compensations.

Does he base these on a Balistic table or actual results, if so Give step by step how to. So we all benefit.
yes i would also rily benifit from an article like this
Old 07-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Bronze Member

I would like to see an artical on "keeping shooting fun". I like to reload but I get bored at the range shooting at the same little dot all the time. I would like to know what other shooters use for targets or games played at the range to keep things fun.

400bull
Old 07-16-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
We are fast approaching 100 different articles covering many, many topics. I need your help in continuing to have good, relevant topics.

What new topics would you like to see our writers work on?

What existing subjects would you like to see written about more?

How about articles on Low Cost, High Power shooting? For example the 91/30 Mosin Nagant, Scout Scope, Recoil Pad and a tin of 7.62x54 - 440 rounds all for under $250?"

Which Scout Scopes are the best value? Best performance? What are the 'best' scope mounts for a 91/30?