Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Need some atv advice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Silver Member

Re: Need some atv advice!

I had 2 Polaris, now own 2 grizzlys. One is a 07,other an 09. I only change the fluids and grease every season, plus upgraded the batteries. They are the eps models and have never been in the shop. 11,000 miles between the 2.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:52 PM

I own a 2008 Grizzly 700 FI with EPS. I am not aware of what differences there are between the 08 models and the current ones (I think some small tweaks), but I have driven my wheeler hard and have had absolutely no issues. It is a work horse, easy on fuel, plenty of power (even with two riders) and starts good even in deep cold. It is also much lighter than any other comparable unit. While weight might not be a concern to everyone, it sure makes it easier to lift out of a snow bank when they are 150 lbs lighter. Nicer in the bed of a pick-up too! Top choice in my book.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Silver Member

I don't own either of these but I have raced for most of the top factories, and as a result I have worked on and helped destroy these machines for long time. Here is the deal all have pros and cons.
Honda If you want the most reliable quad made with almost no maintenance requirements this is your machine. The problem is Honda is lacking in the technology department they are behind.
Polaris If you want the best riding ATV with plenty of power this may be the one the are a beck of a machine and easy to maintain. Problem is they require a decent amount of maintenance they also have lock out issues.
Yamaha does everything ok but isn't the best at anything.
Can Am. Has the most advanced four wheel drive system and very powerful motors. Problem is parts are very expensive compared to others and thet do need maintenance.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Silver Member

CAN AM!! "The ride says it all"
I own a 2013 Outty 1000 and it rides like a Cadillac and pulls like a tractor.
Nothing compares BUT there pricey. Do they need maintenance? well ya they all do and coming from someone who modifies the engines and enhances the performance there quit simple to work on is what sold me.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Bronze Member

Do the gen 2 can-ams have any advantages over gen 1? I heard they had frame issues
Old 12-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Silver Member

There a heavier redone frame. I have both a 07 and a 13 and never had frame issues. The people that do i would guess are jumping 800lb -1000lb machines on dirt bike tracks!