Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Neat... new look

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2004, 08:38 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Neat... new look

Is it just me and my 'puter or is there a new look to this place .. nice..
Old 03-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Neat... new look

Ric

Yup, it's a new look, I went pruning and moving, "amok!" comes to mind.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:41 AM
daveosok

It is a new look thats for sure. Its a bit hard now however to find a topic that you were reading when there are 17 pages in one topic area. I know you can use the search function but I sure do miss the old way, but as they say out with the old in with the new or whatever it is. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-13-2004: Message edited by: daveosok ]
Old 03-13-2004, 01:23 PM
PUBLISHER

This is just an experiment to help me make a decision on new forum software that I am shopping for. We may try a couple more layout modes with this old software before I buy the new software.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member

I like the new look, Len. Good luck with the new software. I have no problem with finding topics I've been following BTW. Daveosok, have I not noticed what you have yet? Maybe links to Ultra LR topics no longer work or that type deal?

Len, brings up another point; Did you move any topics from the Ultra LR forum to LR forum, or did you just delete them all from the two forums dropped?
Old 03-13-2004, 09:09 PM
PUBLISHER

Brent

There were many, lately most, posts in Ultra that had nothing to do with Ultra. I think we will move some of those to their appropriate place.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Platinum Member

There was a few I remember always seeing brought back to the top by guys adding things/asking questions or what have you to older topics on ULRH etc. I think one was a 50 BMG action design and build up in progress I see from time to time. Myself, I don't realy save the link to them, just try to keep up with some of them that interest me as I see them come up now and then in the "todays active topics" I read alot.

Honestly, I have to look in several forums or search for them myself when going back to one for some reason, as I rarely remember which forum the topic started in, and like you said (many times), it's not alway the most logical or appropriate forum, so I give up trying to remember long ago. I think the "Optics" forum is the easiest one to find something on, but even then a tangent into optics stuff gets started in another thread on another forum so I never "really" know.

There were many, lately most, posts in Ultra that had nothing to do with Ultra. I think we will move some of those to their appropriate place.

I've been guilty of causing a thread or two in my time to go on a tangent with some unrelated question or comment, probably even posting a topic in not the most logical forum too, but I've been trying to keep myself in check a bit more. Keeping the reading material here more organized is a good idea, so I applaud you for reminding us regularly. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Makes things a hell of alot easier in the long run...