Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

A Nation of Riflemen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Bronze Member
A Nation of Riflemen

I know that America was once a nation of riflemen, but is that still the case(I ask because I do not know)? If not, what can we do to change that; what should we do to encourage our fellow hunters and firearms owners to become riflemen?
"Only accurate rifles are interesting" - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"The .30-06 is never a mistake" - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Unread 09-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Silver Member
Re: A Nation of Riflemen

Based on some of the mouth-breathing Neanderthals I encounter at the range - I would have to vote no. At my range, there is NO handling of firearms during a cease fire. You would think most of the knuckle dragging morons could obey this simple rule. A few weeks ago, I was standing behind my bench while my friend was setting up a target down range. I looked over to see this idiot cycling live rounds through his POS SKS while pointing the muzzle down range. I pitched a fit and asked him and his "host" to leave. I'd like to say this was an isolated incident, but I can't. When "huntin" season rolls around, I only go to the range during the early morning hours, and leave when the guys with tactical pants show up.

If you like your hunting rifle, you can keep your hunting rifle.