Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

A Nation of Riflemen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Bronze Member

A Nation of Riflemen

I know that America was once a nation of riflemen, but is that still the case(I ask because I do not know)? If not, what can we do to change that; what should we do to encourage our fellow hunters and firearms owners to become riflemen?

"The .30-06 is never a mistake" - Colonel Townsend Whelen
Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Silver Member

Re: A Nation of Riflemen

<rant>

Based on some of the mouth-breathing Neanderthals I encounter at the range - I would have to vote no. At my range, there is NO handling of firearms during a cease fire. You would think most of the knuckle dragging morons could obey this simple rule. A few weeks ago, I was standing behind my bench while my friend was setting up a target down range. I looked over to see this idiot cycling live rounds through his POS SKS while pointing the muzzle down range. I pitched a fit and asked him and his "host" to leave. I'd like to say this was an isolated incident, but I can't. When "huntin" season rolls around, I only go to the range during the early morning hours, and leave when the guys with tactical pants show up.

</rant>