Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Nascar fans it's time to race.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Gold Member

Nascar fans it's time to race.

I know we all share our opinions about one of greatest rights in our Constitution, the
Second amendment.
But is there space here for a NASCAR RACING schedule?
please give your opinions. I know this is a sight for shooting and hunting, if you don't feel this is a good idea its ok with me. I would just like your opinions.
Keith.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Nascar fans it's time to race.

My opinion is lets not and say we did,

I live jist close enough to MIS that it's prudent to stay home on race weekends and read about the drunk and disorderly fans in the local tabloid the following week.

I don't need a crook in my neck watching a bunch of cars going round and round and I think the drivers are overpaid, the admission (to MIS at least is too much) and the infield is where the real show is, not on the track..... (at least that's what I hear anyway).....

Not interested. I'd rather watch paint dry on a barn......
Old 05-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member

Kasey Kahne FAN!!
Hendrick fan in general, but I do like Carl Edwards too.

If you seriously think its just drive fast, turn left, you clearly have no idea what all is going into making it happen. That idea is comparable to buying a gun from Wal-Mart, & some corelokts to do some long range shootin....
I'm not stepping on your toes sidecar, NASCAR isn't for everybody, its all a matter of how deep you get into it, just like shootin. When you really see the ins, & outs of what it takes to be consistant, its a whole different game.

Just ban Toyota & Kurt, & Kyle Busch from NASCAR & I'm all in!
They ruin the sport like Dion Sanders, Tarrell Owens, & ochosinko did for pro football. I won't even watch NFL anymore because of them, unless its Superbowl, for comercials.

Doubtfull that NASCAR topics belong on an LRH forum, but I can clearly see how both sports go hand in hand with the typical fanbase. Guns, fast cars, & bootlegging, all had the same roots. It's cool to see the rich history continue.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 05-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Platinum Member

In reply to SidecarFlip up there yep it's going left at 200 mph and the action is not in the infield.

I wonder if Junior will ever pull it off? Would like to see Junior or Greg Biffle pull off a championship. Also would like to see Danica Patrick get up front and race. Maybe give her a year or so?? Yep the Busch boys have to go!

Put the schedule up Friday and take it down Saturday night

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Platinum Member

Allstar Race kicked butt
Now I have the rest of the weekend to load up some more Accubonds

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 05-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member

"But is there space here for a NASCAR RACING schedule?"

NO

NRA Life Member
Old 05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Platinum Member

generic bodies with generic frames and suspension systems. Races are usually settled by the last five lap caution flag. But most of all races are easilly fixed by NASCAR itself when you have to buy the equipment from NASCAR.

The last true vestage of open racing is at Bonneville Utah. If you set a record you get a $20 walnut plaque and a hat. If you loose you have dinner with the guy that came out on top. No fights, no drama and no fixed races. In otherword nothing like big time wresteling.
gary