Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

My wife shot the 338 Allen Mag tonight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

My wife shot the 338 Allen Mag tonight

Well, I've had the rifle for nearly 2 years and my wife finally made it to the range with me. I was doing a little testing and she settled in behind it, did a little dry firing to get used to the 1lb trigger and sent a round downrange into the bullseye (about 1/4" from the shot I had just made). She turned around with a smile and said it kicked more than she thought, but it wasn't bad. She then said it would be easier to shoot if the length of pull was shortened an inch! I don't think so! She'll have to get her own if she wants it to be an inch shorter!

I guess size DOES matter.

Just thought I'd share.

AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 08-15-2009, 01:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: My wife shot the 338 Allen Mag tonight

AJ,

Allen Mags are not for sissy boys, any woman that would marry a guy that would buy an Allen Mag must be a heck of a Lady and deserves having that stock shortened one inch. Man, shooting that rifle, she deserves being the owner!!!

Quit your whining and be happy!

She made a good Shot!!!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!

Last edited by Eaglet; 08-16-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!

tell her to quit whining......it kicks just like a 243!!!! AJ
Old 08-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Get her the short stock and swap it out. Women are naturally better shooters than men anyway due to biometrics and biorythms. I laff all the time at the big time tv hunting shows and all the wives have the standadrd length stock and cant hit or complain about getting kicked or scoped. $pend the 75.00 guys and get 3/4 inch cut off your lady's stock. I had both my wifes .243 and 30-06 cut off 1.5" short by a gunsmith then had the very best 3/4 inch Pachmayer recoil pad applied and she can shoot either gun all day long with no prob.

NRA Life Member
Old 08-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertip-co View Post
Get her the short stock and swap it out. Women are naturally better shooters than men anyway due to biometrics and biorythms. I laff all the time at the big time tv hunting shows and all the wives have the standadrd length stock and cant hit or complain about getting kicked or scoped. $pend the 75.00 guys and get 3/4 inch cut off your lady's stock. I had both my wifes .243 and 30-06 cut off 1.5" short by a gunsmith then had the very best 3/4 inch Pachmayer recoil pad applied and she can shoot either gun all day long with no prob.

She has a short .243 to shoot, but I won't be shortening my McMillan A5 anytime soon

AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 08-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member

My wife shot my 270WSM @ 1015yds the other night and after giving her the pleasure of shooting my rifle I got in trouble for not loading enough rounds for her to shoot.
A guy can't win, but on the bright side she wants something of her own so I'm thinking a 6.5 something.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member

Watch out AJ......my wife just stole a gun from me. If I see her eyeing my 338AM I am gonna put my foot down.