Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

"my Monday morning rant"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Silver Member

Re: "my Monday morning rant"

I am not perfect in my language usage but I do make an effort to spell and punctuate so that my sentences are understandable. I think our scholastic
achievement level, on the world stage, is a reflection of the attitude that is displayed in many of the postings described.

I think that we, as a nation, don't take as much pride in everything that we do
as we once did. We have let "good enough" replace "our best effort" in too many aspects of our lives. It seems to me that if we take pride in everything we do that we will never have to look back and wonder, what if.

Gus
Old 06-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Really???? Once again I didnt realize this was an english class!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldon View Post
I look at this issue through the filter of, "There but for the grace of God go I".

Some are more gifted and talented than others. Is that the proper use of then/Than? LOL

I feel blessed that when I came to this earth, I was gifted with intellect that allows me to do many things well.

Tolerance is a trait I am trying to work on.......
you mean then/than? No need to capitalize.

And yes, ewe ewesed it propuhrlee
Old 06-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortgrass View Post
When communication degrades to the point it becomes not understandable, or it has to be read twice to get its meaning, it's no long 'communication'. Monday mornings are always rough!
Oops........ I think you meant to type "longer" I guess we are all human.

Perfect!!!

Jeff

Last edited by Broz; 06-18-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Silver Member

I would say that a lack of computer experience could be the major culprit on this one. Some people I guess might not care either. Personally, I try to at least look like I know what I'm talking about by keeping my sentences within some standard. At least I look like I know what I'm talking about right . Good rant by the way, the thing that I can really chirp along with this one is texting. I hate going places and seeing people text all the time. I see people walking down the street texting with little regard to what is in front of them. I see people sitting across from one another in restaurants texting. I see people texting at work. I see people texting pretty much in almost any conceivable action that is capable of being observed in the public. Here is an idea, call them and have a five minute conversation, then you wont have to text all day long. I actually canceled my texting plan on my cell phone, and it was the best decision I have ever made. No more annoying texts.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Oops........ I think you ment to type "longer" I guess we are all human.

Perfect!!!

Jeff
It's spelled, meant. Sheesh, damn kids now days.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
It's spelled, meant. Sheesh, damn kids now days.
Ha! Ha!! If you say so, I will gladly take your word for it. It is now corrected. Oh and Thanks! Haven't been called a kid for at least 40 some odd years.

Jeff