Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

"my Monday morning rant"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 07:37 AM
SPONSOR

"my Monday morning rant"

Is "English Class" not required to graduate high school? I just made my morning run through the forum, reading several posts along the way. I encountered 'run on' sentences, no punctuation, and severe mis-spelling to the point of not being able to easily understand much of the message in several posts. Am I just 'living in the past'? Was I lied to when I was told "communication is the key"? Is it too much to ask others to slow down and type a legible question/message? Or,,, is this just a 'sign of the times' and if you cannot read 'jibberish' you'll be left behind? There's even a built-in "spell checker" download available at the top right of the legend. I guess I'll just call this "my Monday morning rant!" P.S. while I'm not perfect by any means, I certainly do try!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member

Re: "my Monday morning rant"

As long as this aren't gonna slo doun my bild, I'm rite ther with ya Ted, sum folks just gotta pull thier heds out ov thier buts wen they tipe or try an spell stuff......

Sorry buddy, I just couldn't resist
I've noticed it as well. Of course, my beef is with autocorrect on my posts from my phone.
Im, Id, & is, just randomly get changed around, no matter what I actually typed. Grrrr. Makes a guy look really un-edu-ma-cated.

Seriously tho guys, use spell check or anything you have to use, AT LEAST LONG ENOUGH for Ted to Finnish my build. I'm holding each and everyone of you responsible for its completion, & Teds sanity

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 06-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Platinum Member

Well as long as we are "ranting" how about repeated posts like this one? I know I am one of the worlds worst spellers. Never have taken a typing class or any type of computer class. My last excuse is this old cheapy laptop is over 7 years old and the key boad is worn to the point it skips some letters if you don't watch it. Oops, better be careful that last sentance was kinda run on. Anyway, I apologize for my bad grammer, poor english and weak spelling to all that read my posts. I realize my weaknesses , as well as my strong points. But I choose to not judge as I am betting the ones with typing problems, at what ever age, have skills they can do better than I.

Jeff
Old 06-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Platinum Member

I ain't got no recollection what I learnt in English.

(jk)

guess one of my biggest issues is when I see the misuse of then v. than

Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member

Hooked on Phonics worked for me!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures/Ongoing Shooting Thread
Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Silver Member

In the cyber-word it's one thing, come on over to the college classroom and see what and how a good deal of written work is written. It's not too impressive by some. Not to shame everyone though, we still have quite a few talented kids out there.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Gold Member

I am with you shortgrass.

I can understand a incorrectly spelled word here and there. Not using a comma, where there should be one.

However, some of the posts are just completely and totally at a loss of the English language.

You don't need to have a major in english, but a comprehension of it sure helps.

I wouldn't want somebody tearing apart my best effort. But, at least there is an effort.