Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

My Groundhog match experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 03:23 PM

Re: My Groundhog match experience

Boyd

The 22-250 is off to see Chris here real soon. I'm thinkin it's gonna end up a bench Gun [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Great place for your girl.. Did we not bet a dollar ?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Yes had a great time and loved your toys.

Mark..Ya had to tell about the 1/2 Ground Grizz [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hey...Right out of the case on the first day without the proper wind dope on my part....He's a lucky fur ball...Well sort of..One arm hangin off and all.

Joe
Old 06-20-2005, 04:59 PM

Another thing I forgot to mention but I remembered after Boyds post. This Chris Matthews LSR rig had not been cleaned one bit after over 150 rounds before shooting the match. Thats one dirty bird and she still shot like a house a fire! Funny too. Fella at the range (nep) said Chris wasa wise man...Dont clean till ya need too. Clean those X's right out of her. I got a kick out of that from Nep
Old 06-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Bronze Member

CONGRATULATIONS...LAB....3rd place is not to shabby..just goes to show how "FAIR" this match is...first timer and he's right on the mark...tell your kids not to frown, I had about the same score..relay "5" was nasty nasty nasty..I never saw a single bullet hole either, just goes to show you..How did you like that MEADE telescope of my brother TOM's...awesome..actually a pretty good deal when you compare the cost of some of the other spotting scopes..AGAIN...CONGRATULATIONS !! NICE SHOOTING..sortta makes the drive, worth it...hopefully you guys will get back to one of the four shoots left this season..one in July,August and two in September..the Sept 3rd match is at the same time as the big gun giveaway at the Mount Union Firehall..167 gun, quads and tons of other stuff..all you can drink and eat..cost $10, ten buck per ticket..it would be something else to do while on another mini-vacation and with your..luck..skill..you'd win something !! NICE SHOOTIN'...hope to see you again..come on all you other PA shooters, what are you waitin' for!! These guys drove 7 hours, some of you live one or two hours away..come on now..the match is exactly what your lookin' for..LAB...how many would you miss if you lived one hour away ???

Here's the website for the gun giveaway

http://www.mufdsportsman.com GREAT DEAL for $10
Old 06-21-2005, 02:36 PM

I liked Toms scope. BAd thing is I want something I can take hunting as well. Looks like the Nikon for me maybe?

WOW..3rd place...Who knew. That Chris LSR built gun has made me very happy indeed.

Joe
Old 06-21-2005, 04:13 PM

Joe,

I just got a look at the official results...

not really sure you understand or appreciate how well you did...

you just got into this game and did the right thing had a custom built by an master at his craft...

but looking through the names of the guys you scored better than.... um .. Joe ... those guys have been at this thing for a very long time and are some very skilled shooters...

Joe, you need to reach over your shoulder and pat... I'm sure ya sent the atta boys to CM as well....
Old 06-21-2005, 05:10 PM

Yup

Chris Matthews is the MAN. I Did not realize how well I did. As far as the names...I could not tell you who is who. I was excited to see Jeff Gates name. I saw he won a few weeks back. I think if I would of listened to my spotters and not rush the 500 I could of did Better. Now I'm tempted to have Chris build me a bench gun...But then again...Do I really need one?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks

Joe
Old 06-22-2005, 06:20 AM

You did awesome.. now go do it again and hell.. they'll sit up and take notice....

Bench Gun you don't need no stimkin' bench gun... you have a LSR Tactical.. they shoot just as good.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

OK ok .. Chris will be building me a BR rifle when they finish the 1K range here in Cody... hehehehe

but seriously how cool is it to have a tactical that beats a BR rifles....hell your tactical eats em for a snack... hehehehe