Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

My Daugter's homework sent back, contained "WEAPONS"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Bronze Member
Re: My Daugter's homework sent back, contained "WEAPONS"

its not just the USA this happening in i have had the same problem in Scotland
my daughter wrote a story about what she did at the weekend
she decided to write about going deer stalking with me and the following day i receive a letter from her school asking if the story she had wrote was true!
i wrote a letter back telling the principal that YES it was true and totally legal and that my daughter has probably saw more wildlife in one day than most of the kids at her school have seen in a year. i wonder how many could tell you that they have saw a doe suckling her twin fawns or a fox hunting for rabbits
most of them are too busy playing computer games

Unread 11-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Silver Member

I have my son enrolled in a small private school. His graduating class will have 6 kids in it this year.
For the past three years his science fair project has envolved the evolution of the centerfire rifle.
1st year was on deer hunting and the ballistics of his 308 rifle.
2nd year was on the '03-A3 battle rifle that my grandfather gave him, with complete history of it's origin and date of manufacture and other versions of the 03-A3.
3rd year was long range ballistics and 1000 yard shooting.
I am not sure what he is going to do his science fair paper on this year.
The principle of his school invited us to go shootng with him sometime. Travis had him come to hunting camp with us this year.
I spend $400/mo to have him in this school and it is worth every cent of it. I do not regret not being able to buy toys, for the investment in my son is paying off in spades.
No regrets here for turning my back on the public school system.

Snohomish Co. Washington
NRA Life Member
Unread 11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Gold Member

WE are a dying breed and after to night. we got a nail drove in with a big ass hammer. you better get what guns you want right away. i will be out after a ar15 in the morning and may be a 50bmg. you'll know there on there way out for good this time. I'M SICK AT HOW DUMB THE US PEOPLE HAVE BECOME. we're in trouble for sure with this a$$hole in the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!