Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

My Christmas present to some of you guys. Brown Bears at Breakfast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Gold Member

Re: My Christmas present to some of you guys. Brown Bears at Breakfast

Ian, I know the chances of this being the person Im thinking of are remote,but is this Wayne Woods approx. 41-43 yrs old,and spent part of his childhood in Rapid City,S.Dakota?
Old 12-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Gold Member

Congradulations! A well written story. I hunted elk with George Duncan this year and he regularly guides for Browns and Moose in Alsaka. The bear stories were the best part of the elk hunt!
Question though, why would you ever go into that territory and keep an unloaded rifle when things ten foot tall are ready to eat you??! That is what's unsafe!!
Merry Christmas.

http://www.duncanoutfitters.com/
http://www.alaskansafari.com/home.htm
Old 12-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Platinum Member

Freebore.
That is a reasonable question. The camp rule was the hunters could have rounds in their mags but not in the chamber and the guides kept rounds in their chambers. Our Encores had two rounds in holders on the buttstocks, pretty quick to load them if needed.

Not sure if Wayne has spent any time in the Dakota's, believe his family has been in Alaska a few generations. I was fortunate to meet him, hunt with him and become a friend. Hope to go back again.