Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

My best group ever!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Gold Member

My best group ever!

I just had to tell someone that could appreciate this.

The day before yesterday I was trying out my newest bullets, the Hornady FTX, made especially for lever actions. I had a bit of a problem when the cows invaded my rifle range so I had to take the last shot of 3, the next day.

I was pretty pumped because I was working on a 2.5 inch group, all I had to do was get that one bullet between the other 2 and I would have my best 300 yard group ever! My best used to be a little over 6 inches at 300 yards.

Here are the results,

and here is a video of the last shot.

YouTube - Best Group

Here are the first shots.

YouTube - New 30-30 Bullets

Not bad for a 30-30 with no scope.

I love those bullets!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 08-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Bronze Member

Re: My best group ever!

Congrats! Great Shooting!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch-34 View Post
Congrats! Great Shooting!
Thanks!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 08-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member

ha, when I first read the post... I was thinking that it was decent shooting but not worth making such a fuss about... then I relized it was done with a 30-30 and no scope....

GREAT JOB!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britz View Post
ha, when I first read the post... I was thinking that it was decent shooting but not worth making such a fuss about... then I relized it was done with a 30-30 and no scope....

GREAT JOB!
:P

I had a scope. After my 20th shot it died... I was going for my first group zeroed at 300 yards; the 19th and 20th shots since its installation were 3/4s of an inch apart... the scope never held a zero again.

I am trying another.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Bronze Member

I've given up on scoping my model 94 since it's side mount and the two lines only cross once. I'm still considering a peep.

Aim small hit small

When they come for your guns, give them the ammunition first.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Nice shooting.

Interesting "gong" I have a pile of those in my shop I used to use all the time. I think your use is better and I would likely use them more!!!

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com