Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

My Baby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: My Baby

It's very interesting how kids grow or not grow into the shooting sport. When I was quite young I remember my father on his knees behind me reaching around helping me hold the pistol and talking me through the shot. I never lost interest and I think I at times drove him nuts with my wanting to go shoot.

Did kinda the same thing with my son but he totally lost interest in his early teens. I never pushed him to go but always invited him. Was planning a out of state trip with my cousin one evening and my son asked if he could go. He was 16 and from that trip forward he has been my best hunting buddy. Go Figure!

Have two grandsons to hook up. Looking forward to that.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member

I watched this deer lay in the high grass from 7:30 am to 4:15PM when my daughter got off the bus. It was in the wide open all day until about 20 minutes before she got home. It moved 10 yards into some thicker weeds. She had a hard time picking it out in the scope but finally got it. Both of her grandfathers were present for the shot. It was only 205 yards away and just flopped over. She shot it with my 7mm wsm that Kevin Cram put together for me.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Gold Member

Ha! Well done Jmason, well done.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Wampum,

She's comin' right along. Yur a patient dad!

Ya otta bring her out west and shoot a woof or two. Not a guaranteed shot but the other stuff can be arranged.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks boys!

Roy I would love to, but I believe a trip to Disney is in order before a woof hunt.. At least that's how momma sees it.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Platinum Member

Roger that!!!

What mamma wants, mamma gets!!!

Otherwise. . . .
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member

A little update on my peanut. She's started shooting a silhouette match with my friends and I. Kevin (one of my buds) already had his little boy shooting. He is a little younger than my girl. He does incredibly well.

This past weekend we had Kevin's son, my daughter, and my daughters friend shooting. The targets are from 850-1000 yards, and there are no words to express how proud I am of all their performance's, and how lucky I feel to able to shoot with these kids. Kevin's son shoots a 6.5x284 w/o a break, and the girls were shooting a 7wsm with a break. Not a single complaint or issue with recoil on any of them. It is amazing how well the kids can focus at the age of 8. One of my friend's (who is also my daughter's friend's Daddy) did a little documentation of the trip. below is a link.

http://www.camplongshot.com/images/L...geway 2012.pdf