1. Rifle - are you completely decided on Savage? have you considered Remington? Just curious. Savage makes a nice rifle. Are you going to use the factory barrel or have a custom barrel installed?
2. Scopes - it would be helpful to know more about the shooting/hunting you will do. If I could walk into a shop and buy whatever scope I wanted, it would be a Nightforce 5.5x22x50 5.5-22x50 & 5.5-22x56
Next in line would be a Leupold MK4 or VXIII, then take your choice between a Vortex or Bushnell.
3. Rangefinder - If I had my preference, I'd take a Swarovski Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30 Laser Range Finder 70002 FREE SHIPPING Laser Rangefinders 8 x 30 Rangefinder 1500
4. Bipod - Get a Harris. Whatever size you like, but get the swivel head with notched legs.
5. ACI - Defense Edge makes one Defensive Edge Products
and Sniper Tools makes one Sniper Tools Design Co
6. Anemometer - the conventional wisdom is Kestrel Kestrel Wind Speed Meter | Pocket Weather Meters | Free Shipping
7. Ballistic Software - personally I use Exbal Perry-Systems - Ballistic Calculator Software
there are many more and some of them are free like JBM
There are plenty more on this board that will offer their advice and we're all glad to help. It would be helpful to have some more information from you.....what do you plan to hunt/shoot? at what range do you anticipate engaging those targets? how much is your budget?
Have fun and enjoy this addiction!
Originally Posted by tim_novy
Hi, i'm new here and i need some help from you. i've decided to buy a rifle in .308win.
My choice is Savage 10FLCP ( the problem is that i live in Romania and i have to find someone to send the gun to me)
The Second problem : The scope . What brand ( Nightforce , Vortex, Bushnell, Leupold). What magnification power ( 3-10 , 5- 20 )
Third one : Rangefinder - i need a good one . Don't know what to choose
In the end i want to have a good rifle with bipod a good acope and aci , rangefinder , anemometer ,rangefinder , compass , ballistic software ...
It is a little difficult for me to choose well because in Romania the majority use the shotgun for hunting. I have a Baikal MP153 and a Cugir UMB .22lr for practice ( it is forbidden to use it for Hunting)