Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

muzzle brake question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member

muzzle brake question

i was having a discussion about which style of brake is the most efficient, the radial port or the baffle. in my mind, the baffle style will have less felt recoil because of the jet effect, but i'm not asking for a discussion as to why, but would like to know if anyone has or knows of an apple to apples type of test where someone actually measured the 2, or i'm sure others, against each other and has some numbers to prove one way or the other if one is actually more efficient. i've read on here where it was done but can't remember seeing any numbers.when i say apples to apples, i mean the same amount of exposed surface area of the bore.