Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Most user friendly digital camera system ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member

Most user friendly digital camera system ?

Hey guys ,

I am going to have to sell [ebay] a lot of belongings that are stored w/ my family -not worth driving 4000+ miles round trip to get.

A friend has the kodak system that spits out your pictures on the spot.
I need a new printer/scanner/copier/fax machine should i just get a $100 dollar bargain camera and use this combo together?I see a local camera shop has a 6meg pentax on sale.

I DO NOT BUY EXPENSIVE ELECTRONICS ANYMORE $3,200 dell laptop --went in dumpster.I bought a $550 8mm camera in 02' that isn't worth $100.

So tell me what would get me up and going easily and inexpensively to post on ebay and pictures here at LRH also.Thanks -Mike
Old 05-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: Most user friendly digital camera system ?

I have the kodak z612 easyshare 6.1 mp cammera and I love it, autofoucus works great and really good low light pics, will even take shorter movies and play them on your tv. I don't remember how much it was but it was from dell. I think that walmart has it too. I tried the HP $80 camera and it doesn't take the greatest pics of auction items but with help on the lighting. I am willing to part with it if you don't want to spend more than $50, I'll take $49.99!!!!

I think that the kodak I bought was around $250 -$300 but I wouldn't feel the need to buy another one in the near future. Email me if you want and I can send your more info.

dontstrokeme@hotmail.com

Joe Oakes
Old 05-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Silver Member

I like the Canon systems for ease of use. Just get one of their point and shoot in about 5 or 6 megapix and then team it up with a simple little photo printer (about $50) that you can just pop the memory card into. You can find these at Walmart, Target, and electronics stores if you watch the adds.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member

cannon point and shoot.
Olympus is good too.

Just my experience.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Silver Member

Mike go with the HP C6180 ALL IN ONE GREAT ALLIN ONE COMBO AND IS WIRELESS TOO
Old 05-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member

First off,do you need to print pictures?In this day and age just about everyone has a computer and its rare that we even think of printing pics.I just upload to a hosting site.All the friends and family can view and or save the pic onto thier computer or to disc for future viewing.
We baught our daughter a cheap Fuji camera for christmas last year for $80.It takes a great pic and is a great camera for the $$
I replaced our original Fuji camera with a Sony DSC-H2 and couldnt be happier with it.It has 12x zoom,is a little balky but takes super long rang pics.@ $350 its a little more than you where looking to spend but is very easy to use and will be usefull for many years!!
My web page
Old 05-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the offers and help everybody.

I bought a nikon coolpix 6meg and a hewlett packard photosmart [$240 total].Got it all uploaded and working --once anyway.

Mach V ,thanks for putting your site up it is nice -think i'll root around and get my own up and at'em.
I'm going to get some hunting pictures uploaded and post them -have to do a little studying up on it though.--Thanks again for the help---MIke