Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

More trouble with School and firearms!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member

More trouble with School and firearms!

Some might remember my post about Sammy's homework being returned because it contained weapons.
(remember this is a rural town of less than 1000.)

Well somthing even more absurd has happened. A 1st grade teacher came to my shop to ask for $25 to sponsor a page in the grade school yearbook. This would include the shops name, Center Shot Rifles llc, on the page. I asked if it was ok because of the obvious anti gun stance of some of the staff. The teacher thought it would be fine and took my form and payment.

Today she calls and said the principal of the grade school did not want the word RIFLES in the yearbook. I comenced to calling the principal a liberal dictator, and asking if the words; gun, rifle, musket, cannon, knife, apeared in any of the books in grade school. She replied yes, and I let into the fact that if local buisnesses can't support the school because of their name and the thought of offending someone, That may-be I shouled petition the city to be absolved from paying the school portion of my property tax. This one sided conversation took about 5 minutes. She apologiesed and I asked her to take the "ammo" I gave her and knock some sence into the principal.

Guess what? that didn't work.

This afternoon, it ended up in the District Supervisors court, and he said to allow my sponsorship and print the name.

These people need to get their $hit straight. If they have that bias why even ask me and then reject me the next day. Who wouldn't get worked up.

I wonder if a $500 donation would get me the front cover????
Old 11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

Re: More trouble with School and firearms!

Good for you!

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 11-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Way to go Jim!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member

Glad you fought an WON

It is sad how Liberals think!
I bet they have no problem talking about the illegal use of weapons, like at Columbine or Virginia Tech, but you can't show a US Soldier doing his duty?

I bet they have no idea how the meat gets into a McDonald's hamburger :(

edge.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Gold Member

Good Job Jim. I'm gonna be up in your area this weekend...
Old 11-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Gold Member

Wow, I am both grateful that my kids are in a relatively sane school and dreading the day that changes:(.

Way to stand your ground!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Gold Member

Oh, I see you're in Wisconsin, that explains that....I'm in Illnoise, and understand that Madison thing work'in there. We, as you well know, have a similar Chicago thing work'in here. About the only difference is the kids here don't take pictures to school, they take the real thing. And then there's a march at a gun shop, Mr. Mayor denounces the 2nd Ammendment, a few arrests are made, then everyone goes home. Glad you as well as others stand up for what one believes. When Mr. What's-his-name takes office in a couple of months, all of us will need to stand up too. Did you notice Mr. What's-his-name is from Chicago?
Good luck,
db