Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

"The Monkey Blaster" is here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member

"The Monkey Blaster" is here!

My 375 H&H is here!! My 375 H&H is here!!

I picked it up yesterday then mounted a scope and shot it today. @ 42 yards it groups well. (that's all could do today as I had too many other pressing things to do... read as wife stuff.)

I put a Badger base and rings on it, clamped in a Leupold M3LR (3.5x10), hung a Harris bipod off the bottom, slapped on an Eagle Stock Pack then snapped on a Turner Saddlery sling. I had some spare 375 rounds just hanging around so I wandered off into a field and killed a giant fire burned snag... aaahhhhhh...

It's a catchy name Ian, thanks! BTW, it's got "The Monkey Blaster" engraved on the side of the barrel.

I've got some 260 Accubonds (BC .473) on order and 100 pieces of Winchester brass. I intend to load the thing to shoot those 260's at about 2650 to 2700fps and duplicate the trajectory of my 308 Win with GMM 168's... that'll give me a big ol' 308.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: "The Monkey Blaster" is here!

Dave,
I envy you, that is no doubt a fine rifle. Iteresting to hear how long it will hurl them big slugs. Will send some boolets for it when I get the opportunity, a box of .375's followed me home one day from some dealie.

I've been taking my chances with spontaneous human combustion this last week - haven't burst into flames yet but a couple of times I think I was pretty close! When the ends of my fingertips start smokin' and I can smell burnin' hair, scares the hell out of me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (Come to think of it, SHC might be impossible when the humidity is over 150% [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]).
Old 08-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Silver Member

Dave
What's the barreled action made up of? brands,length, contour? Sounds like fun.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Gold Member

Dave,, pictures???
regards buddy.. Pete
Old 08-05-2004, 07:54 PM
PUBLISHER

I pity them monkeys!

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 08-06-2004, 05:31 AM
Platinum Member

Ian, Rimfire, Pete, Len

"The Monkey Blaster" has me pretty excited, a proper big/dangerous game rifle that's built like a light long range rig. It's built on a Remington 700 long action, a cannibalized Remington Sendero stock, Schneider Sendero contoured 26" barrel, heavier recoil lug, lightened/tuned Remington trigger, redrilled scope mounting screw holes (#8's). It's certainly the lightest rifle I have but probably still weighs over 12 pounds.

I intend to duplicate the 308 trajectory that I'm familiar with and hope to test a few rounds this weekend to 650 or 900+- yards. I see little reason it won't shoot accurately just as if it were a 30 caliber. It does seem and look a little odd with the M3LR on a 375H&H.

I'll get some pictures this weekend but it appears no different than a standard Remington Sendero with Badger mounting and a Leupold M3LR. (A "sleeper" I guess.)