Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

A Moment of Silence and a prayer Please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Gold Member

Re: A Moment of Silence and a prayer Please.

Prayers sent.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
BigBuck, I am sorry to report the father was pronounced dead at the scene. I have spent much time thinking about this. I am so sorry for the mother and children to have been there to see this.

Jeff

I am very sorry to hear this Jeff, I have 2 little girls and I hope to be around until they get old but you never know. I know people will read these posts and wonder why God would allow this to happen ? If any one is thinking this way then I would like to ask you to read about Job in the King James Bible.. It tells of a story were the Lord allowed Job (one of his servants) to suffer Great loss pretty much all that he had. He lost Family, Cattle and his health. Not one time did Job curse God and in the end God doubly blessed Job . The Lord will provide for this family and help them just as he restored Job.

Job Chapter 1

Verse 1 There was a man in the Land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

verse18 While he was yet speaking , there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking in their eldest brother's house:
verse 19 And behold , there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house,and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

This book of the Bible is guaranteed to help in times like this for folks that are in bereavment and folks trying to understand why these things take place.

Look up Job chapter 42 verse 12 and it talkes about how the Lord blessed jobs latter end more than his first . Sometines we dont see it but God has something better on down the road in this road of life if I could say it that way.

sorry not to high jack your post friend but wanted 2 be of help to you and all who may read this..... will be praying for you and your family as well !
Old 07-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Silver Member

I was traveling this past week and returned yestrerday. Traffic was very heavy and the heat was high. Temps from 98 to 108. I saw several vehicles with tire problems. I was amazed at the number of people that were changing tires on the shoulder of the interstate.
This is not the place for changing a tire. You can drive on a flat. You will have to slow down and it may cause further damage to the tire but the price of that tire is not worth your life. Drive to the next exit on the shoulder out of traffic with your flashers on. You can also call the Highway patrol and notify them of your location and if they have an officer close they will come to assist you in safely getting out of harms way.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member

One of the things my Dad was good at, was stopping to help folks stranded at the roadside. Kids ******* and moaning about getting to the lake, wife grousing about being stuck in the car with hot miserable kids he stopped. He's too old for stopping these days, and I don't stop as often as I should. Prayers for this family, and for those that just stop because they know the quicker folks are out of a vulnerable position the better. Prayers also for the folks that have stopped for me over the years.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

Done! Done! Done!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!