Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Moly Bullet question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member

Moly Bullet question

Made a good deal yesterday, I think [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Nosler 250gr Patitions for 12 bucks and Combined Technology 200gr balllistic silvertips for 7 bucks.

The Partitions are good no question probably.

The CTs however are moly coated. If I shoot some of them can I get the moly out of the bore??????
Old 08-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Moly Bullet question

That is an awsome deal if just the oartitions alone.

The CT Ballistic tips are not coated with moly , they woulden't tell me exactly what it was but they said it
WAS NOT moly , but they could be shot in a moly "seasoned" bore interchangeably with moly bullets.
I know a few guys that have said that the barrels are harder to clean after shooting thses than after regular moly bullets.

Any how cleaning the moly out isin't a big deal just a little scrubbing with JB and your done or they make a few cleaning solvents just for moly shooters.
either way I doub;t that you will have any adverse ill effects from shooting them.

I saw a 200lb hog flipped over and the front end destroyed after being shot with a 200gr Ballistic tip from a 338 Lapua improved at 300yds. the exit was the size of a softball and all the lungs and heart was liquid.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Silver Member

hi
the coating on the combined technology hunting ballistic silver tips
is called lublox.
i shot them for a a bit and found them good,but mine had to have about 5 or 6 through her before she shot to her full potential.
thanks
Colin
Old 08-23-2006, 04:28 AM
Gold Member

I have and still do shoot moly coated bullets in a couple of rifles. I have never had any major problems getting it out, but as Colin mentioned, they sometimes take a few rounds more to settle down.

I simply clean using the same proceedures only give a few more sweeps with the brush.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks guys