Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

modifying HS Sendero stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Gold Member

Re: modifying HS Sendero stock

Dear Grit,

Just go and buy another one.
I was in your situation 2 mo ago, with the same stock, and for me to modified this one, it took me 1 mo of molding, casting, trying different casting mat, and over all I payd more in casting mat then a new stock.
Finally my stock is done, modified and finished by me, but with hard working time.
http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...part=8&vc=1
it is under 300rum, the one painted in camo.
I did the camo job, that one was very easy with lots of fun.

My advise.... GET A BRAND NEW STOCK.

Cris

Old 03-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member

Cris,
That stock looks great. An enormous improvement. I liked the look of the stock in the next picture. M1 I think he said. What other options did you look at?

Shawn, Catshooter, ...

Ok. So give me some options. I like this stock other than the shape/position of the grip. Is there another HS stock? It sounds like these types of stocks need to be made for the barreled action / bottom metal that's going in them. Meaning you can't just open up the barrel channel etcetra. Where to look?

My biggest concern is that this stock looks great. It's just too high and close to the trigger for my hand/liking. How will I know I'll like a stock until I drop the metal in and hold it in my little hands? Certainly don't want to try to sell several.

Brian, Thanks. I'll let you know.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Gold Member

Well... H-S makes other stocks that will fit and are shaped differently and have different grips and different palm swells, so you might try them.

I like the H-S stocks and have a bunch of them.

LRH member #23
Old 03-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Sponsor

I am a big HS fan myself, I believe that they make one for a 700 that hs the old Sendero style grip but the forend of the PSS you might check that out. You can open the barrel channel up no problem. Issues arise when you cut throught the shell and have to lay back into it again.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member

I called HS today. The stock I think I'd like the most is the tactical pst26. I would sure like to handle one before buying. Anybody know where I might? I didn't think to ask about turn around while on the phone. But, I've heard it's really bad right now. Anybody happen to know where I can find a stock like this ready to ship?

Any idea how quick you could get one?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member

I ordered the "new stock" from Joel Russo. Great customer service. Looking forward to seeing it in person....
Old 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
SPONSOR

what is it ? any pics ??