Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

MOA reticle in spotting scope.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Silver Member

MOA reticle in spotting scope.

I have a night force scope with MOA r1 reticules and i would like to know if anyone knows who has a spotting scope with MOA reticules? I am seriously looking at the mark 4 Leopold with the mildot reticules.
i also was going to look at this situation. since my night force is a second plane reticules i was going to take a 3.6" square and put in on a piece of paper and at 100 yards i was going to move my power up and down until 1 moa fit the square on the paper then i would know at that power setting they would match the mil dot in the mark 4 Leopold spotting scope. does anyone think this might work?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: MOA reticle in spotting scope.

http://www.usoptics.com/product.php?partnumber=SPO-100

Only one I know of, which is too bad.

NF should make one at least...seems to me...and who knows, maybe it's in the works:

YouTube - Nightforce Optics -- New High-Speed Adjustments -- SHOT Show 2010

...last few seconds makes you wonder what they have up their sleeve. They should be making an MOA reticle scope and rangefinder with all the necessary sensors and powerful ballistic computer such that with a touch of a button you are given your MOA elevation correction. One of these companies needs to get on this stuff. I guess they'd probably need more than just me to buy this stuff to make it worth their time though, huh?

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 PM

I have a possible group buy going for a moa spotting scope not made by US optics. Here is the link for further Info

Who Wants MOA Spotting Scope (not USO)
Old 01-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Bronze Member

OK...boys its 2013...is their a spotting scope out their now with MOA reticle ???

Old 01-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Gold Member

You can buy a 30X eyepiece for Vortex Spotting Scopes that has an moa reticle in it. Its very nice.

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS

Last edited by MT4XFore; 01-23-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: forgot some info
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Silver Member

Since I use Horus on all of my rifles, it was only right that I use the reticle in the spotting scope...... Horus Vision