Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Meister, couple questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Silver Member

Re: Meister, couple questions...

The gen 2 stuff works wonders, much better then gen1. The money spent on a gen 3 system would be ok if spent on a scope, not goggles. I'm a pretty lucky guy- I hang around a gun shop frequented by military elite forces, several local swat teams, irs enforcement, and uncounted badges. I get to hear about what works and doesn't. I don't get all my info from the web. Just some of it. It's a real advantage in this hobby of mine.
As far as the ball and chain goes, She makes enough to keep us happy and gets free trips like the one I'm going on next week to Nassau. So I can't complain much bout her.

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
WWW.Gem-tech.com
WWW.Advanced-Armament.com
Old 03-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Gold Member

I sure wish I could demo some stuff like that..where do you live?
good info on the goggles vs scope. those goggles looked awesome. can you use your goggles to shoot through your scope or is that not an option?

have fun on your trip! it's snowing here, nassau sounds good!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Silver Member

U can look thru the scope and use it as a spotter, but the recticle is totally lost. I live near indy. I missed a good chance last week- the glock rep had a glock 18 with him. 5 guys 500 rounds, gone in 15 minutes. They dunked it in a barrel of water when it got too hot to fire, shook the water off and blazed away again. They won't allow dealers to have one as a demo, they send the rep out instead.

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
WWW.Gem-tech.com
WWW.Advanced-Armament.com
Old 03-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Gold Member

nice. I've seen a lot of vid's of the G18's. one guy had one in each hand and did a 17rnd dump in each one. sweet!