Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

McMillan Remington "Hunter" stock - how big is it??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Gold Member

McMillan Remington \"Hunter\" stock - how big is it??

I have a rifle being built on a Stiller Predator action and will be using a Remington "hunter" stock. I was wondering is this stock fairly big and gawdy in the forend area??

I've seen on other sites, people comparing the "bdl" and the "hunter" - now I am worried that my barrel will not look right in this stock?? I will be using a #4 Broughton barrel on my new rifle. The "hunter" will take up to a #8 contour- seems a little wide in the forend??

On McMillan's website, it stated that the "hunter" was built similar to the Sako stock, which I have on a Sako rifle and like alot. That is why I chose the Rem "hunter" for my new custom.