Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

M-700 cheek rest recommendations please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Bronze Member

Re: M-700 cheek rest recommendations please

I got my new bear tooth in the mail yesterday. I was able to slide it over the stock instead of taking the scope off, thank goodness. Anyway for about $25to my door from sportsman warehouse. I am very pleased with appearance and functionality. I've got a range day planned and cannot wait to get some spring time shooting underway. For no I have just removed the swivel stud from the stock. I believe a properly located hole punch would make a nice clean hole if I decide to put t back. Thanks everyone for your input!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notajeep View Post
I got my new bear tooth in the mail yesterday. I was able to slide it over the stock instead of taking the scope off, thank goodness. Anyway for about $25to my door from sportsman warehouse. I am very pleased with appearance and functionality. I've got a range day planned and cannot wait to get some spring time shooting underway. For no I have just removed the swivel stud from the stock. I believe a properly located hole punch would make a nice clean hole if I decide to put t back. Thanks everyone for your input!
so how do you like it?

With respect to the sling stud. I just put the pad over the stud and ran a sharp knife over it. the resulting hole can be stretched around the base of the stud.

Dan
Old 05-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Bronze Member

I just removed the stud for now. Currently not using a sling. As for the bear tooth I love it. I ran about 60 rounds through it Tuesday. Wind was kicking between 10-15 mph. One other thing about the bear tooth, being very picky here. Having about two days worth of scruff on my cheek I noticed it grabs a little. Very good investment for about $25 shipped. I'm still able to clean my barrel properly, because of foam height chosen.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Silver Member

the cheek pad from www.triadtactical.com is a good piece of gear, but it looks like you already got setup.....so nevermind