Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

M-700 cheek rest recommendations please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Bronze Member

M-700 cheek rest recommendations please

I'm considering a leather cheek pad from Cabela's, it's local and something like $35 This thing is ugly and requires trimming for most bolt actions to properly function. So to complicate things I am a south paw. I need about 3/8 to 1/2 cheek rise for my M-700 VSF. I've considered making some type of sleeve but it would require the scope to come off and be slid over the gun to the rear. A friend has offered my all types of leather and foam, just no way to sew it and or attach it. I think I could lay out something real nice but I need to figure out how to lace it in a fashion that won't scratch anything. What choices do I have? Anyone have any photos of something they made? THANKS
Old 04-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Gold Member

Re: M-700 cheek rest recommendations please

Here's a whole page of ideas that might help.

Custom Leather Buttstock Covers Hand Crafted By Lever
Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Gold Member

Buy a saddle from the store here. You won't go back.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Silver Member

Try one of these. I have them on a couple of my rifles. They work great and you don't need to take the scope off to install.

Comb Raising Kit - Black | Comb Raising Kits | Beartooth Products
Old 04-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Bronze Member

WOW, I like that! Glad I asked the forum. I will be getting this. I was thinking of getting the black plastic tactical looking raised cheek but having to drill two bolt holes thru the stock made me hesitate. Good thing I did. This is even cheaper! I see one issue that is it covers the sling attach point. I'll have to sew in a button hole, shouldn't be a problem.

Karsten's Custom Cheek Rest A-Model*::*Long Range Accessories*::*Long Range*::*Tactical Works, Inc.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Silver Member

you could always try the eagle stock pack.its adjustable to fit whatever stock you have plus it has a zippered compartment and ammo loops for 5 extra rounds.it's comfortable to shoot with and you can add foam under it to raise the your cheek weld.i've used it on everything from a factory stock to an xlr industries chassis and loved it.

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Stock Pack
Old 04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Platinum Member

Take a look at Brownells, Scope eze. The have a sleek adhesive comb rest that is available in various heights and can be had with a thin side that won't change your eye alignment which is a problem with many devises. It's well made, looks good, durable, and won't damage your stock. It under $25,

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt