Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

lyme disease

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Gold Member

lyme disease

Well I have been away from here for almost 2 months. I had gotten very sick and been in and out of the hosp and docs office ever since. They now think I probably have lyme disease. It all started where I suddenly felt ill, and shrugged off thinking I had the flu. Well that turned into dissy spells and exaustion. One trip to the ER I was very dissy and had my friend pull over so I could puke, Well I guess I opened truck door and passed out. They put me through cat scans checking for nurlogical problems, heart test, stress test. With no answers, finaly tested possitive for mono after third test, but never felt better. I would honestly be exaughsted from getting off the couch walking 20 feet to restroom and back. Anabiotics haven't done anything for me either. I am acually starting to feel better each day and will be returning to work next Mon. I'm still not supose to drive or anything yet. But its a start. From what I have found out about the disease is no real cure and it can stay dormant for a long time. I don't think I ever had any pre symtoms such as a rash or anything. Also Blood test are worthless, one they gave me has a 30% acuracy result. I have been told that if I really do have the disease there is no cure and its something I could have to deal with for the rest of my life. But now that I'm feeling better I'm ready to get back at my normal life and start burning some powder getting ready for this fall.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Gold Member

Re: lyme disease

Wow...sucks to hear man...I've always heard different things about LD being treatable vs non....do you remember gettting bit by a tick this spring?
Old 06-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry about your luck! Did your doctor run a blood test specifically for lymes disease? I had a tick bite and caught it in time. This was about 2-3 months ago. It was a deer tick, however, did not carry the disease. I still ran the 21-30 day cycle of Doxycycline. My mom called me yesterday and she had two ticks on her and one did have lymes. It will be an instant bullseye style mark if it is. File:Bullseye Lyme Disease Rash.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. If you can catch it within 24 hours and take the antibiotic, you will be ok. According to everything I have read, your symptoms sounds very similar.

The ticks this year in PA are terrible. I guess that's the downside to not having a hard winter! I have taken two off both of my dogs so far. They were wood ticks. The best of luck to you, feel better!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures/Ongoing Shooting Thread
Old 06-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Gold Member

Both times I was out groundhog hunting this past month I picked at least 30 dog/wood ticks off me...no deer ticks however.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member

Hey buddy I almost feel your pain. My ranch is a 4000 feet with a creek running near the house. Not many ticks here but down the drainage this time of the year there are always ticks around the creeks. I talked with my doctor about the ticks and he assured me that Lime Disease is rare here but I should check every night and I do. My oldest daughter was thought to have Lyme but I don't think they ever really knew. She's pretty good now but not 100%.

I agree that the mild winters increase the problem but ticks are just a part of life if you live out.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Gold Member

Ohio probably had the mildest winter in a decade this past yr. Ticks are everywhere.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member

my dad bought some type of tick spray that you put on your clothes and it lasts for 2 months. the night before i went coyote hunting with my friend and his dad i sprayed all my clothes. i didnt have a single tick on me the entire time while my friend and his dad had over ten each.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755