Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

LRH stewardship, thoughts and some decisions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Bronze Member

Re: LRH stewardship, thoughts and some decisions

I don't want to stir the pot but are the post from the old Ultra Long range archived at all? If so where can I go to search through the old posts? There was considerable information in there and it would be a shame to loose it all.

I am not sure if this has been addressed as I have been away for quite some time and had not realized all the changes that the Forum was going through.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:55 AM
Silver Member

Len - You have a great site , to grow , things have to be adjusted ,changed - its your site , develope it the way you want . good luck - BTW , who holds member #1 - RAY
Old 03-17-2004, 07:02 AM
PUBLISHER

Pennel

I'll look into that.

Here are the names of yesterday's 7 new members. Welcome to all of you.

JimT, Remdoug, Rubesh, Oldguns, Allmack, Casey, Crystalman

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks Len. Maybe some sort of "Archived" area that is closed to posting but can still be searched.

Just a idea.

josh

edit: You might think about making it accessible to members only as well. Some of the other forms I visit do that for various reasons.

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited by: Pennell ]

[ 03-18-2004: Message edited by: Pennell ]
Old 03-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member

Len

I think that your personaly welcoming the new members is great. Here is a thought for the chewing. Make their new presence quite noticeable by making a daily post with their screen names as the title. Put it in a "Welcome to New Members" topic page right on top of " The basics, Just starting out" That way it will show up in todays active posts (you were wondering how many of us use it. All of us that are pressed for time.)

Personalize the greeting by noticing something like, all todays new members are from the mid west or that they all contain the letter R or something silly and simple like that.

Maybe give them more questions in their profile so you have more to go on. Maybe they are all 6mm shooters or maybe they all bowhunt too.

Just a thought. Hope it inspires other ideas.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Bronze Member

Censorship!! Remove the passion and this becomes just another site. I love this sport and feel strongly about it. For this, "I say I'm sorry to no one." If the heat gets too hot in the Kitchen, then get out. I don't beleive in public humiliation but feel we can agree to disagree. There is nothing wrong with debate. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Bronze Member

I agree with you Deergrunt,there is nothing wrong with debate. Its one thing that sets us apart from all the other critters we share this planet with.

But there is a big differance between debate and personel attacks.
I am always up for a good debate that does not turn into finger pointing,name calling and attacking another fellow sportsmen.

I really like the fact that the folks here try to keep it friendly!

I can always agree to disagree,but hope to never offend. Thats what I try to remember before I hit the add reply button!

Oregonhunter [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]