Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

LRH stewardship, thoughts and some decisions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2004, 12:37 AM
PUBLISHER

Re: LRH stewardship, thoughts and some decisions

Dan, thanks for your concern.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> I like this place, and would hate to see it evaporate.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yesterday's new members include the following people:
EdR, Hormetx40, PaHunter, Leadslinger, Mark, Dogkilr.

That's 6 new members in one day. Welcome to you all!

We had over 10,000 hits yesterday, too. That's about double from one year ago.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-16-2004, 01:02 PM
PUBLISHER

Thanks, Ray.

No one has number one.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Bronze Member

Len ... Old Fart said it best. I probably agree because I'm one too!

I will miss those that are contemplating leaving. Although I don't post that much, I definitely read and learn. My shooting will probably never reach the levels of some on this board, but their insights/knowledge help me to constantly improve. Heck, I bought my first Nightforce from Darryl! I may never forgive him and Speedbump for getting me hooked on them! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Perhaps the #1 should stand for the place this board and its members have in the world of shooting forums. Keep up the good work and thank you for this forum ... Mike

[ 03-16-2004: Message edited by: Bluebeemer ]
Old 03-16-2004, 02:44 PM

Like I tried to say earlier.. Len has every right to do what he did. There are risks invovled as being the owner on this site. Hey, I havn't always been a good boy here, I know that. I would love to see a tactical/huntng section but I know it isn't logical to have it. I wish the boys who decided to leave could have seen the logic behind the reasoning instead of taking it personally. This site if far from doom, there are way to many other knowledgable individuals that have years and years of experience and knowhow to share. We have a week or two until the dust settles and then hopefully this place will continue to grow...

[ 03-16-2004: Message edited by: Ric Horst ]
Old 03-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Bronze Member

dido thanks all I think that you guys would know what is good for the forum and it has worked sooooooofarrrrrrrrr thanks agian for all your hard work [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 03:31 PM

What would it have hurt to leave ULRH and Comp. on this site? I think taking it away said something to the people involved with that part of shooting even if Len didn't want to. I think that we are losing the experts in the field. The guys that pushed the envelope are the ones that know there stuff. It doesn't take that much to hit 6-800y. Past that is where it gets fun. You learn from people who know more that you. I will miss the great posts from the people that are leaving. I hope the experts open a site soon.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:04 PM

[ 03-16-2004: Message edited by: Ric Horst ]