Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

LRH Books/Education

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:10 AM

LRH Books/Education

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what people are reading, besides the forum of course, to get their education about LRH. I've read a short manual from Snipertools.com that has been helpful, but its only a beginners version and its not got all the info i'm looking for. I want more info on reading the wind and other things. Is there a best buy or LRH Bible so to speak that most people read??? I'd be very interested in hearing what people have to recommend. I've got reloading books, and i'm working on getting the ballistics software, however, I need a better understanding of external ballistics. Also any help with a beginners guide to antelope hunting would be great as well. I've already printed some articles from this site off and read them...good stuff, I want more though.

Look forward to hearing any and all opinions!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:23 AM
Gold Member

Re: LRH Books/Education

This might be a good buy for ya.

YouTube - Ballistics Book for Long-Range Shooting

Applied Ballistics For Long Range Shooting Book By Bryan Litz
Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Silver Member

I'm not clear what specifically your looking for, but here are some real good books from Sinclair International's book section. Start with what interests you most first and go from there.

Books & Magazines

P.S. Bryan's book (above) comes highly recommended. It will be my next book purchase.

Last edited by Southpaw; 05-19-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: P.S.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:26 AM

Thanks guys! I'll be checking into this tonight for sure...any other suggestions please feel free i'm all ears
Old 05-19-2010, 10:30 AM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
Is there a best buy or LRH Bible
Well, that reminds me of something. I met with Ian McMurchy's son and also with a book publisher, Krause Publications, at last January's SHOT Show. Ian was a pillar of the LRH community and he died a year and a half ago.

Ian's son, Glen, is going to have his father's almost-competed manuscript publlished later this year. We willl be selling it right here in the LRH Gear Shop in the Ballistics Software & Books department

I don't know the schedule but I'll check on it with Glen. It will be the absolute bible of Long Range Hunting.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors

Last edited by Len Backus; 05-19-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 AM

I will be looking forward to that book! Thank you Len for sending me the information and for all the work on this site...
Old 05-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member

eBay and amazon.com got tons of used LRH and sniper books cheapo

NRA Life Member