Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

View Poll Results: Would you use an LRH smartphone app, if one were available?
Yes 55 91.67%
No 5 8.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

LRH App

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member

Re: LRH App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Tinsley View Post
Muddrunner, from what I know about the 7x64, it will go!! Very good round! My smith shoots one!!! Also!!!!! ( an you know what I'm talking about!!!!) LOL!!! You really need to keep tabs on your comprehension an memory problems!!!! ( oh this is gonna be funny!) I meen. You know how I worry bout ya!!!!! LOL!!!!

DT

Yep, eye ben taykin speshul edd klassez 2 hellp wif meye issuze.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Yep, eye ben taykin speshul edd klassez 2 hellp wif meye issuze.
Keepin my eye on ya!! I know how you get sometimes!!! LOL!! Just concerned party!! LOL!!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Tinsley View Post
Man! Everything turned out wrong on that last post!! Guess yur rubbing off on me Mud!!! LOL
Old 08-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member

Oh, don't ever worry about me....One thing about me, no matter how dire the straits may appear...I will always survive.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 08-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Oh, don't ever worry about me....One thing about me, no matter how dire the straits may appear...I will always survive.
Amen!!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member

Mudrinner,

One of the big downfalls with most ballistic apps is that they give correct dial up info but do not give any indication of kill zone hit percentage.

A new LRH app should give the shooter an indication of what the hit percentage might be for any particular shot.

Inputs for this would include sections that would enable the app to give a fair chance of predicting the maxi mine distance that a shooter can take a shot at an animal and have a high percentage chance of putting the first shot inside the kill zone. Bryan Litz book “Accuracy and Precision” (an excellent read) gives a great description of the things that can effect the percentage chance of a particular shot landing within a particular size target. Ie The “WEZ” zone

Such things would include..
* Shooters wind reading ability, ie +or- say 2mph reading accuracy. This would be the shooters own skill level.
* Short range accuracy of the rifle.
* ES and SD of the velocity.
* Altitude
* Range uncertainty
* Plus all the standard inputs for a normal ballistic app. Such as velocity, BC, zero details etc.

As an example, a hunter with say a .308 thinking of taking a 855 yard shot at a deer with a 12” kill zone could have set his app up to give an output of the percentage chance of a successful kill shot. This would take into account the wind conditions, his rifles accuracy and his nominated wind reading skill level. If the app says the percentage chance is low, then he can use this information when making his decision to shoot or not.
He can get closer or pass up the shot.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Platinum Member

Top, I think you might have misunderstood.

I was not talking about an app for shooting.... I was talking about a smartphone App for accessing the forum.

Quote: