Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

View Poll Results: Would you use an LRH smartphone app, if one were available?
Yes 55 91.67%
No 5 8.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

LRH App

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Silver Member

Re: LRH App

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I use iPhones....I think you meant "not everyone". But your support is greatly appreciated.
Ha, ha... thanks for the advice in correct English.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:45 AM
Platinum Member

Oh man, that's my fault...I didn't check your location. I keep forgetting we get some guys from out of country on here. LOL I'll try to remember next time.

I appologise, and your support is appreciated.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Oh man, that's my fault...I didn't check your location. I keep forgetting we get some guys from out of country on here. LOL I'll try to remember next time.

I appologise, and your support is appreciated.
Absolutely ok, you didn't offend me at all! It helps me getting better also about small but important details in English and not just guns and ammo... BTW, you seem to be a big fan of all the 7mm calibers, have read quite a lot of your threads related to the topic. I'm a fan too especially 7RM, 7 x 64 and its rimmed version 7 x 65R.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varberger757 View Post
Absolutely ok, you didn't offend me at all! It helps me getting better also about small but important details in English and not just guns and ammo... BTW, you seem to be a big fan of all the 7mm calibers, have read quite a lot of your threads related to the topic. I'm a fan too especially 7RM, 7 x 64 and its rimmed version 7 x 65R.
Glad to hear I didn't offend.

I'm a little bit of a 7mm fan... Glad to see another 7mm shooter. I am a big fan of the .280 Ackley, 7RM, & 7STW. I have a 7mm-08, and have for over 15 years now, but it hardly ever sees the light of day. I am also a big fan of the 1/4-bores, like .257 Weatherby Mag, .25-06 Ackley, & .257 STW.

You mentioned the 7x64 & 7x65R...Man, I haven't heard those calibers mentioned in over a decade. From what I can remember they are both pretty good LR rounds.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 08-28-2013, 03:32 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Glad to hear I didn't offend.

I'm a little bit of a 7mm fan... Glad to see another 7mm shooter. I am a big fan of the .280 Ackley, 7RM, & 7STW. I have a 7mm-08, and have for over 15 years now, but it hardly ever sees the light of day. I am also a big fan of the 1/4-bores, like .257 Weatherby Mag, .25-06 Ackley, & .257 STW.

You mentioned the 7x64 & 7x65R...Man, I haven't heard those calibers mentioned in over a decade. From what I can remember they are both pretty good LR rounds.
The 7 x 64 and the 7 x 65R are widely spread in Europe, and the 7 x 64 is almost as popular as the 3006. With god ammo / loads, the 7 x 64 comes very, very close to the capabilities of the 7RM and without the “disadvantage” of a belted case. Looks like that someone has to figure out the 7 x 64AI, that would be nice! The sister 7 x 65R is to be used in kombi – guns, where shotgun and rifle is combined or as pure rifle version with between 1 – 3 barrels (in various calibres if the customer wishes to). These kombi – guns are very silent while hunting, no repeating noises etc. and outstanding safety. Bullet velocity between 2700 – 3200 fps. The fastest combination is coming from the producer of world’s best hunting ammo IMO, Lutz Moeller. F. ex. 7RM goes with 3368 fps and both bullets with an extreme flat trajectory. Zeroed at 200 m you don’t have to change anything aiming out to 300 m, just leave the crosshair on the target where it was. Same point of impact… His ammo won several world championships. Moreover, you find data tables to each calibre and even for the beloved 7 STW. Google Lutz Moeller Jagd, you even find English sides. Take a close look, it’s worth it!

Maybe we should start a new thread on LRH about it, shouldn't we?
Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member

I don't know much about the 7x64, but I know it is very close in specs to the .280 Remington we have over here. Which is suprisingly not a very popular round. It used to be, but the .280 Remington Ackley Improved 40* Shoulder has become VERY popular, as it holds more case capacity and has velocities closely mimicking the 7mm Remington Magnum.

Quote:
Old 08-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I don't know much about the 7x64, but I know it is very close in specs to the .280 Remington we have over here. Which is suprisingly not a very popular round. It used to be, but the .280 Remington Ackley Improved 40* Shoulder has become VERY popular, as it holds more case capacity and has velocities closely mimicking the 7mm Remington Magnum.
Muddrunner, from what I know about the 7x64, it will go!! Very good round! My smith shoots one!!! Also!!!!! ( an you know what I'm talking about!!!!) LOL!!! You really need to keep tabs on your comprehension an memory problems!!!! ( oh this is gonna be funny!) I meen. You know how I worry bout ya!!!!! LOL!!!!

DT