Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

View Poll Results: Would you use an LRH smartphone app, if one were available?
Yes 55 91.67%
No 5 8.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

LRH App

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member

LRH App

Not wanting to step on anyone's toes, and I appologise if this is in the wrong section, or if this might be considered none of my business to ask. But I have been pondering this for a while, and wondering if/when LRH is going to make an iPhone app for use with TapaTalk or their own app to download from the iTunes app store, so it is easier to access the forum from a mobile device? Browsing with Safari is such a pain in the butt, having to zoom in, zoom out, scroll here, scroll there, etc... Plus, no advertisments would be nice. I accidentally click on those all the time when in Safari.

Sorry if this has been discussed, just thought I would ask, since I haven't ever seen any discussion of it on here.

Feel free to respond with your own thoughts and opinions. I was just wondering if maybe we got enough people out there wanting one, that maybe Len and Andy could look into possibly making one for us smartphone users, who surf the site alot when we're not near a PC.

Len, what are your thoughts? Would it be ok if I added a Poll to the top of this thread to get an idea on gathering of how much interest this idea might bring?

Once again, if this is out of line, please feel free to delete this, I was just curious since I never hear it discussed. All my other forums I frequent are powered by a corporate-owned forum app, or TapaTalk, or something like that.

I am not a real tech-savvy person, or else I would offer to do it myself. But I have absolutely no idea how to program computers and stuff. I just know how to turn it on, do a couple things for work, and surf the web. LOL

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Platinum Member

Re: LRH App

I'd use it. 95% of my tinkering around this site is on my mobile.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:46 AM
Bronze Member

id use the ap if there were one out there
Old 08-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member

I just added a poll to the top of the thread, just to get an idea of how much support one of these would gain.

If we get enough support, maybe Len could look into possibly making one for us.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 08-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member

I would use it.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 08-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

Dude, that link in your sig is friggin hillarious!

Quote:
Old 08-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Platinum Member

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/