Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

LRH 5th Anniversary (and a celebratory bash)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member

LRH 5th Anniversary (and a celebratory bash)

Five Years!

My how time flies, it seems like not too long ago there were a few email exchanged between folks as a means of communicating about long range hunting without being unmercifully flamed and Len came up with the forum and now I have rubbed raw finger, grey hair and a wealth of long range hunting info... okay... I'm dawdling.

What should we do to celebrate???

First of course we should thank Len! Thanks Len!

Now that we have that pleasantry out of the way [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] let's figure what to do.

Some options/offerings.

1. We scrounge around and discover a LRH site member in our neighborhood and make a party!

2. We each root through our box of "I have it but won't ever use it" and list it in the classifieds sending all the proceeds to me... NOT!

3. We come to agreement on a set date and time and each imbibe individually but yet as a group! (This is easy and there aren't too many hours in a day that I can't accommodate such an event, or two.)

4. We buy Len a lifetime supply of pre-buttered toast.

5. We go about our business as usual and have a party once we get to 10 years.

6. We accept options on what to do from other members (perhaps better options than I offered).

7. We lock and or delete this thread.

8. We thank Len for having us in his living room and tolerating our occasional flaps.

(Pick as many as you like, mix and match if you will.)
Old 02-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Silver Member

Re: LRH 5th Anniversary (and a celebratory bash)

That prebuttered toast idea rocks!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member

3 then 4 then 3 again.

How about everyone takes a picture on april 11 of themselves, their best rifle and their best group or the longest kill. If they don't save their targets like I do (the best ones anyway) there is plenty of time to go make a new one. No load work ups. These pictures should represent the best we've got. Hopefully they will be shot at over 300 or so.

Then post the pictures with a short write up on what they learned here that made them so good.

Then in 5 years (or maybe once every year. ) when we do it again we will have something to reference to see how much we have improved again.

Just a thought.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Gold Member

4ked horns idea would be fun. Get a face for all the names out there. See some gear, and hopefully by april 11, my RUM will be done and loads worked up for it, so I can join in with a group or two.....and of course some dead stuff.
I'm new to this site, so my opinion is lower on the totem pole though..
Old 03-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Gold Member

<font color="blue">1. We scrounge around and discover a LRH site member in our neighborhood and make a party!

4. We buy Len a lifetime supply of pre-buttered toast.

8. We thank Len for having us in his living room and tolerating our occasional flaps. </font>

(1) - This thought has crossed my mind several times in the past. Even talked about it with a friend of mine about hosting something similar. I know there are several here in our area as well as surrounding states, who might be close enough to make the trip.

We have similar get togethers for distant casting events, and surf fishing, and get folks from as far as England and Whales to attend. I guess it all depends on how you set it up and plan it out. In the above mentioned events, we have swap tables, and siminars or clinics, on rigging and techniques, as well as discounted one on one lessons, to help cover some travel cost for the pro's. Just ideas. <font color="brown">(One tidbit though, I am in no way, form, or fashion, any good at planning, or organizing.)</font>

(4) - Heck, I can pitch in on that one. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

(8) - This is a definate must, so Thanks again Len.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 03-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member

Less than a month to go and we are currently 8 people away from our 6000th member. This is an exciting time for the LRH forums. Plus I have been shooting some kick ***** groups lately so that makes it even better.

Come on folks, How are we going to celebrate this 5 year mark?

Len, what do you want to do?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:33 PM
PUBLISHER

My favorite of Dave's ideas is number 4 above.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors