Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

***LR get together PRICING***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2004, 12:02 AM
Platinum Member

Re: ***LR get together PRICING***

No prob CJ, let me know [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

actually probably wont make it because of a new job, but we'll see. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

JB
Old 01-31-2004, 06:38 AM
*WyoWhisper*

OK...

if we go Earlier in Aug. ( I forgot you "easterners hunt alot of archery" )we will have to drive to another area ( state, BLM land )to do this. It is a new area I found that is more accessable than the area CJ and I were shooting 1K PD's at.
It is about a 45 min drive and we'd leave early everyday ( to beat alot of mirage ), and have Coffee and donuts/pastries on the run, and I would pack lunches and stuff to make up the difference in price.

Old Fart, How big is the trailer? I have an elec. hookup for RV's but very limited space. Not sure what I'd charge for electric.... I'd have to charge ya somthhin' $15 a day...??

Aug 13-15 works for me.... if everyone is alright with the above scenerio... I would need some drivers ( CJ has a 'burban) I have a 4 door dually and we can place alot of equipment in my stock trailer. I might need another driver or 2 to "haul shooters"

Thoughts???

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]
Old 01-31-2004, 07:23 AM
Platinum Member

Ric

I have a Yukon (actually it's Cheryl's but she lets me drive it sometimes). If the terrain is rough I'll need to bring my Chev 2500 pickup as the Yukon is a "nice road only (I told you it was Cheryl's)" vehicle. The pickup is a standard cab but it'll have a topper and I can haul stuff.

August 13-14-15 is good, I'll chat at the show about the rest of the days we'll stay.

I gotta get some steel and get it cut (plasma cut). How many boolets? I just got 3000 Fed GMM for my 308, I'll need some for my 223, 338 Lapua and the 300 WSM I might see "someday".

Dave King
Old 01-31-2004, 07:40 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Dave if this new area works out it is easily accessable and the "off road" portion is a 2 track and dust would be your only worry ( we can hose it down befor we get back to the ranch [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

3000 rounds .. wow I need to get after some reloading! looks like I need to start now...

I personally don't plan to shoot more than a few hundred rounds from my rifles.. I can do this anytime.. alot of guys can't so I will gracelfully bow out and let you guys yank your triggers!! I'll just watch and heckle you guys maybe initiate some small betting.. like he who looses washes your Yukon before we get back to the ranch!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2004, 08:31 AM
PUBLISHER

Those dates are fine with me.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-31-2004, 09:01 AM

Sounds good Ric--
My dad's the one who mentioned the Archery thing, he said it opens Sept 1st there ...
I am going to fly in for the get together and leave my Suburban at home, but I'll still have either my mom's Suburban or my dad's Dodge dually for transportation duties, depending on whether we need top haul people or stuff...My dad is planning to join us, so I know we'll have his truck. If we need the burban, I'll rent my mom a car for the weekend so we can use her's. Let me know when the date is set, so I can get my tickets...

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited by: Chris Jamison ]
Old 01-31-2004, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member

Ink me in for a room but if you run short camping works [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I'll already have the Wild,benches in the truck and will have plenty of room to haul more if needed.