Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

lost my dad today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 AM
Platinum Member

Re: lost my dad today

Nice to hear your dad's name. What animals did he like to hunt? How's the rest of the family doing with everything? ED
Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Nice to hear your dad's name. What animals did he like to hunt? How's the rest of the family doing with everything? ED
when i was young we duck hunted alot,i mean every chance we could get we were on the river or big water.mom said he would go too far, letting me take up to a week off from school at a time so i could hunt every morning with him whenever he was on vacation from work.i loved it .we squirrel hunted alot,whitetail deer hunted,and did alot of varmint hunting together.if i was able to go groundhog hunting on a regular basis for the rest of my life i don't think i could match the number of whistle pigs dad bagged in his day.he also went on a few elk hunts in colorado,something i never got to try.dad also bagged quite a few turkey's in his hunting days. i remember back when i still lived at home with mom and dad he would practice for hours on an old slate call.it drove mom nuts.there never was any bad times between me and my pop,we always got along great and and he even put up with me when i quit smoking.(i was really irritable and mean during the process). the family is taking it pretty hard,his showing is today and his military service is tomarrow morning. dad requested to be cremated and his ashes spread on his favorite hunting grounds in southern ohio.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Gold Member

Another thing that's helped me when I lost my dad was at his funeral his friend spoke and told us that as we go through our daily lives if we ask ourselves what would dad do then we will be on the right track. Your dad sounds like the type of man that if you try and do what he would do then you'll be doin alright, even on the hard days. Your LRH family is thinking of your family.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Gold Member

thanks guys
Old 11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Gold Member

my dads funeral service was very nice today.alot of family and friends were there and i was so busy greeting people and talking that i didn't have much time to tear up and make a scene. i'm starting to think my family had that in mind,very sneeky but nice of them. dad was given a military funeral with garands firing and taps on the trumpet.i'm sure that dad felt appreciated and loved.i thank all of you fellow shooters that responded with your condolences and prayers,they will not be forgotten.i think my dad is resting peacfully now and will be watching over me as i continue the constant struggle of modern life.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Gold Member

i'm closing this thread but will never forget your prayers. thanks again fellas for your support during this difficult time.