Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

lost my dad today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Re: lost my dad today

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas steve View Post
my father passed away today from a long battle with congestive heart failure.these last few weeks were pretty hard to deal with.he was a great man and introduced me to hunting and the outdoors at a very young age.we spent alot of time together hunting and testing loads at the range.lately here on lrh i may have been a little mean to a few guys and i apologize for behaving badly.one goes thru alot of different emotions when something like this happens and you don't realize how much of an ass your being to people.just wanted to let everyone know that i am sorry .

No need to apologize Steve. No one knows how they would handle such a great loss . Only folks that have been through what you are going through could understand . I will pray that God will give you Grace during this time of loss .
Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Platinum Member

So very sorry for your loss, our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

My dad was very much like yours Steve. I know how you feel and as someone else said, just always remember. And yes, he is in a MUCH better place now.
What is his name by the way?

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Silver Member

I am sorry for your loss. Emotions are strong for our dad and you really never know how you will act on a day like that. I am glad you were able to spend the time you had with your dad, as in the future years, it will be a comfort to you.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Silver Member

Prayers sent for you and your family, hang in there brother.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
My dad was very much like yours Steve. I know how you feel and as someone else said, just always remember. And yes, he is in a MUCH better place now.
What is his name by the way?

Randy
thanks guys for all the kind words.my dads name is larry joseph howe.67 years old with bad eyesight and could still out shoot me. he was a master handloader and taught me everything i know today about working up quality loads and ringing out the last tidbit of accuracy out of an already good shooting rig.if i had the money i would always pamper dad at xmas with really cool stuff like new guns and tumblers and digital powder scales and bags full of new brass. dads favorite calibers were the .243 winchester for varmints and light work,and his trusty .270 weatherby for big game.mom always got irritated with us because all we ever bought each other was shooting gear or reloading stuff. dads .270 weatherby was an awesome rig and always surprised people with the groups it was capable of. it consisted of a left hand rem 700 long action (timed and trued),a light varmint contoured hart stainless match barrel,a boyds grey laminatedstock that i steel bedded for him,a timney trigger,and topped with leupold vx3 8.5x20 .i watched him many a time put 3 in one hole with that big magnum.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Platinum Member

Very sorry for your loss Steve! Sounds like the two of you made the best of the time he had.
The one thing I miss about Minnesota is spendy time with my Dad!!