Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

lost my dad today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Gold Member

Re: lost my dad today

thank you very much gentlemen.i miss my dad so much,we did everything together.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Gold Member

My condolences for your loss......
I'm sure he is hunting in the great woods in the sky....where all the game is record book size! (and you never miss)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Gold Member

thank you guys for the kind words.my hats off to you judd for still offering condolances after the way i was with you.i had no idea how mean i was until i read some of my older posts.i guess watching dad suffer was tearing me up so much i was taking it out on everyone.my dad was a kind hearted,easy going man and i need to be more like him. dad was old school and didn't like computers,but if he would have ever joined the forum he would had some good stories to tell.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Silver Member

Im sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family in Jesus Christ's name.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas steve View Post
thank you guys for the kind words.my hats off to you judd for still offering condolances after the way i was with you.i had no idea how mean i was until i read some of my older posts.i guess watching dad suffer was tearing me up so much i was taking it out on everyone.my dad was a kind hearted,easy going man and i need to be more like him. dad was old school and didn't like computers,but if he would have ever joined the forum he would had some good stories to tell.

My condolences to you and you're family. You are probably more like your father than you think and it's beginning to show as your post above reflects. Sorry for your loss!

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Gold Member

I've lost 2 dads in my life. My own and my wifes whom I loved like my own. It is a gut wrenching experience. I remember the preacher at my wifes fathers funeral saying to us may you find peace. There's nothing anybody can say to ease your pain but I'll pass those words on to you. May you and your family find peace. It will take time but you will and then you'll be able to reflect back on what a great man he was without such a heavy heart. Life is about the memories and stories we make every day. It's all that's left so all we can do is make as many great memories as we can and serve those we've lost by sharing the great stories they left behind. Feel free to share a story with us about your father. He'd probably like that.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Silver Member

Remember the good times, and let go of the rest.

Condolences.

Larry
Tinkerer