Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Lost Gear!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertip-co View Post
Yup. Been there done that. As a 15yo I donated my Dad's Case hunting knife to a trickle of a stream in northcentral PA. As 25yo I donated my Dad's bamboo fly rod and wicker creel he had from the 1930's to a Ravensburg State Park picnic table. As a 35yo I donated my folding Kabar (Buck type) knife to a tree next to a lovely brook trout stream in PA. As a 36yo I donated my wife to some smelly dope smoking dude with long hair in FL. As a 56yo I donated my Leatherman to the back end of my railroad truck.

It happens to us all.
This is one of the funniest posts I have read in years!!!

Thanks!!!!

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 09-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Silver Member

Hey some of you guys need to tell me when and where you are going out the next time. I need to know when you are going to leave to so I can go clean up behind you.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Silver Member

Two years ago out calling yotes and a strom rolls in and i was hunting some new ground so i zip up the pack and head for the pick up at a good pace only to realize when i got home that i didn't zip up my pack and lost my bino's and rangefinder. next day after looking under 6 new inches of snow i couldn't find either one. wife is still not happy about that hunting trip!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Platinum Member

WOW - Lots of stupid guy stories here - I'll have to add mine.

Lost a beautiful set of 10x50 binos in the fields of PA while groundhoggin'. Haven't a clue as to where I had them last.

Dropped my Motorola 2-way radio in a field on another trip and found it 2 weeks later. Weather had destroyed it.

I had my cell phone drop out of its clip one time too many and never saw it again.

I took a few "trophy" pictures with a heap of groundhogs and my favorite custom built 22mag rifle. The rifle wears a Harris bi-pod which lets the rifle rest on the ground nicely. Apparently, I forget to toss the rifle back in my SUV before backing the truck up. C-R-U-N-C-H

Now lets see you guys beat that!!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Bronze Member

Had my instrument operator forget to close the side door on the pickup bed after work. Donated a $10K surveying total station to Interstate 40.

Some gentleman was nice enough to bring it to our office though, having picked up the remains from the highway and reading the remnants of the ID tag.

Yeah, that only happens once.

Beyond that, I'm down two knives, countless game calls, a machete (which is probably in a tree where I put it so I wouldn't forget it), and 6,304 cheap pairs of sunglasses (number being provided from my wife, I don't recall that many :confused.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Banned

Lost my wallet once while early season scouting up on the front,3 months later a rancher called me and asked me if i wanted it back,they found it while bringing their cattle down!Left a pair of binos on the roof of the truck,GONE,had an entire pack of gear stolen out of the back of the truck,GONE.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Gold Member

I hads turkey decoys stoloen from the back of my pickup truck....DURING SPRING SEASON!!!

Went into a fly shop and bought some beautiful hand tied flies then left them by the pond.

Worst, I put some leaves over the case of a $350 digital camera and left it there. I actually bet its still there!!!!