Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Looking for some help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: Looking for some help.

Hello--Sorry to hear of your employment situation..I can offer one suggestion that maybe will help. In Mississippi, we have a serious lack of teachers. Therefore, anyone with a college degree, such as your own, can begin teaching with an emergency certificate if he/she will agree to complete an "alternate route" to obtain a teaching degree. I think you have three years to complete the program, and it does not involve very many classes to get a real teaching certificate.

Good luck with your job search...maybe this is something you can check into.

Oh, by the way....During this period, teachers working on the alternate route do not receive substitute pay....they get actual teacher salary, I believe.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipelt View Post
AJ, PM me some of the programming lang. you have worked with. My brother and his wife are both software engineers and I will see if either knows of any jobs at their companies(defense contractors). They are in Minnieapolis Mn. They designed the guidance system for the Crusader project(new tank) and are working with a smart land mine fields at the present. You always could go into explosives, not to many of us and with the back ground similar to mine(math/engineering) it was a easy transition.

Brent

Thanks everybody.

Brent,

I sent you a PM. My great grandfather was an explosives expert in Texas/OK/Kansas. He put out oil rig fires (like Red Adair), back in the early 1900's. That would be an interesting skillset to learn! I've help set some charges when I was working on the Natural Gas pipelines in Western Colorado/Eastern Utah while going to College, I really enjoyed what little of that stuff I helped with.

Thanks again,
AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 06-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member

AJ- eastern PA has a lot of openings frequently for IT type and software openings. Look in the King of Prussia or Phili areas. If you're ok with moving there I'm sure it won't take you long to find something up your alley. Best of luck and wish I could be of more help.